• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CB, CB my kingdom for a CB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'd rather see Durden or Montgomery than Baker. He just struggles so dang much when he is on the field. If Baker is the #1 pray he has fixed the problems.

Only because you haven't seen Durden or Montgomery play. Players in their late teens/early twenties should improve by leaps and bounds each year. That is why great college teams start juniors and seniors instead of freshmen. I'm sure we and the coaching staff will see enough of all three early on to make a judgement.

I might not have seen Durden or Montgomery play a lot but I sure as hell have seen Baker play and it isn't pretty.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'd rather see Durden or Montgomery than Baker. He just struggles so dang much when he is on the field. If Baker is the #1 pray he has fixed the problems.

Only because you haven't seen Durden or Montgomery play. Players in their late teens/early twenties should improve by leaps and bounds each year. That is why great college teams start juniors and seniors instead of freshmen. I'm sure we and the coaching staff will see enough of all three early on to make a judgement.

I might not have seen Durden or Montgomery play a lot but I sure as hell have seen Baker play and it isn't pretty.

So what does it tell you that Durden and Montgomery are behind him on the depth chart?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Holtz' comments are what they are...

He is the head coach.

Exactly.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

So what does it tell you that Durden and Montgomery are behind him on the depth chart?

Montgomery is behind Kayvon and is 2nd team after his first fall camp here. Durden is listed as -OR- with Baker as a Redshirt Freshman. Durden and Baker are neck & neck with Baker only winning out and being listed as a starter due to game experience. Baker isn't very good and will get burned just as easily as Durden might but then again Durden also has 4 years to develop while Baker used his 4 never did. I won't be surprised if Baker is replaced by game 5.

Montgomery is behind Kayvon and is 2nd team after his first fall camp here. Durden is listed as -OR- with Baker as a Redshirt Freshman. Durden and Baker are neck & neck with Baker only winning out and being listed as a starter due to game experience. Baker isn't very good and will get burned just as easily as Durden might but then again Durden also has 4 years to develop while Baker used his 4 never did. I won't be surprised if Baker is replaced by game 5.

Game experience is a big thing. Durden could easily make the mistakes that Baker made in the past.

But we'll find out when they start playing games.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

all i know is thstppat guys as talented as bivins shouldnt get burned by walk ons...

i woukdnt have an issue if the coaches chose to RS him...

josh brown is pretty disappointing based on what ive

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

all i know is thstppat guys as talented as bivins shouldnt get burned by walk ons...

i woukdnt have an issue if the coaches chose to RS him...

josh brown is pretty disappointing based on what ive

Geesh Chris did you take smazza pills? LOL

Bivins isn't getting red shirted... and on the play in question he didn't get burned at all... It was a scrimmage and one with less passion than others... the whole team was ready to get on the buses that they could see from the field. It was a mistake... nothing more.

Look I'm not saying he should start from day one... but I am saying he has more talent and speed then anyone but Webster. He thinks the game and will excel once he gets on the field.

All highly touted freshmen entering USF should never made a single mistake in any practice or games your entire career as a Bull. If you plan on being less than perfect, just go to Florida or FSU.

That will be all.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I'm more that certain, Holtz's comments were based on much more than that one play in a scrimmage.