• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JPP in NYT Sunday Spread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

And then this dirtbag writer had to crap all over USF

He barely played in high school, and his only season of Division I ball was spent at the University of South Florida, a program with a history that dates back to 1997 and whose best-known alumnus was playing in the arena league.

And then this idiot goes from an extensive discussion about his HS career, straight to Training Camp with the Giants. Must be a wanking Buttgers fan.

http://www.nytimes.c...=1&ref=magazine

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Well, I posted a comment. He was referring to Grothe but I am sure more people know about Jenkins.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

He barely played in high school, and his only season of Division I ball was spent at the University of South Florida, a program with a history that dates back to 1997 and whose best-known alumnus was playing in the arena league.

And then this idiot goes from an extensive discussion about his HS career, straight to Training Camp with the Giants. Must be a wanking Buttgers fan.

I guess you're saying he should have specified football alumnus? Here's our most well known alumnus ... :

220px-GallagherRetouched.jpg

I guess you're saying he should have specified football alumnus? Here's our most well known alumnus ... :

You sure that is him and not his brother?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

You sure that is him and not his brother?

Wiki don't lie .... remember, he's been gone from USF for almost 45 years.

Read wiki. His brother looks so much like him that he was impersonating him and doing his shows.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I offered my two cents in a response back to the article... whether it gets posted or not remains to be seen. I'll share it here though...

Mr. Powell... I found some of the information in your article quite refreshing detailing the upbringing of Jason Pierre-Paul. Your repeated attempts at sarcasm though mocking a football program that spans 15 years is quite pubescent for a writer with a MS in Journalism from Northwestern.

If we both recall correctly, Northwestern has the longest losing streak in FBS history (34 games). USF only became FBS eligible in 2001. USF achieved its first Top 25 ranking faster than any other Division I-A school in the modern era. Northwestern? Bueller? But let's not focus on Northwestern... that is not the intent of my reply.

Let's discuss USF football alumnus in the NFL - we have six players that have received Super Bowl rings. That is one less ring than the seven years you spent at the highly acclaimed Miami New Times. Can you sense my sarcasm? If I recall correctly, before JPP made the jump to the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys tendered a $25 million contract to Anthony Henry. I guess an unnamed arena player making $400 a game was more noteworthy for your article.

We don't have the storied history or the criminal past as FSU, UF, and Miami, but we have altered the landscape considerably over the last 15 years. We have wins over FSU and Miami... even the Auburn faithful realize we're not some meddling low-profile team after we left Jordan-Hare with a W on our record.

As an alumnus and a former walk-on, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Respectfully,

Michael T. Lucas

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

I offered my two cents in a response back to the article... whether it gets posted or not remains to be seen. I'll share it here though...

Mr. Powell... I found some of the information in your article quite refreshing detailing the upbringing of Jason Pierre-Paul. Your repeated attempts at sarcasm though mocking a football program that spans 15 years is quite pubescent for a writer with a MS in Journalism from Northwestern.

If we both recall correctly, Northwestern has the longest losing streak in FBS history (34 games). USF only became FBS eligible in 2001. USF achieved its first Top 25 ranking faster than any other Division I-A school in the modern era. Northwestern? Bueller? But let's not focus on Northwestern... that is not the intent of my reply.

Let's discuss USF football alumnus in the NFL - we have six players that have received Super Bowl rings. That is one less ring than the seven years you spent at the highly acclaimed Miami New Times. Can you sense my sarcasm? If I recall correctly, before JPP made the jump to the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys tendered a $25 million contract to Anthony Henry. I guess an unnamed arena player making $400 a game was more noteworthy for your article.

We don't have the storied history or the criminal past as FSU, UF, and Miami, but we have altered the landscape considerably over the last 15 years. We have wins over FSU and Miami... even the Auburn faithful realize we're not some meddling low-profile team after we left Jordan-Hare with a W on our record.

Respectfully,

Michael T. Lucas

haha love it. very well written.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Respectfully,

Michael T. Lucas

Instant HOF Sheriff. his ridiculous putdown was what I was trying to get to in my post, as my blood began to boil, but your eloquence has far exceeded this humble players intent. Had i known the slack jawed Mr. Powell was a NWU alumus, Oh I can only imagine the delight. Well played sir.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Well, I posted a comment. He was referring to Grothe but I am sure more people know about Jenkins.

Or how about Nate Allen, only a 2 hour drive away. This guy is ignorant.

Edited by BullFan98