• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart is in

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Where's Juju Forte?

-- Two projected starters on the defensive line, tackle Cory Grissom and end Julius Forte, are not listed on the depth chart as they just started practicing this week recovering from ankle injuries.

See GA article above.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Barrington and Lanaris are even? Surprise to anyone?

It was even a surprise to Holtz, until this morning. LOL

AUGUST 15, 2012

Surprises abound on first USF depth chart of fall

USF football released its first official depth chart of the preseason, with surprises on both sides of the ball and six true freshmen listed as top backups.

Most notable of the changes following Monday's scrimmage is a shift on the offensive line, with sophomore Darrell Williams moving up as the starting left tackle, with senior Mark Popek, last year's starter there, sliding over as the starting left guard. There's another shift at linebacker, where sophomore Reshard Cliett, a converted safety, is now listed as the starting strongside linebacker, with last year's starter, senior Sam Barrington, now listed as a co-starter at middle linebacker with fellow senior Mike Lanaris.

USF's true freshman class is all over the depth chart, with six first-year Bulls listed as top backups: receiver D'Vario Montgomery, tight end Sean Price, defensive ends Eric Lee and Daniel Perry, weakside linebacker Tashon Whitehurst and cornerback Chris Bivins.

Other notable changes on the depth chart:

-- Senior Damien Edwards, who had been working as the starting left guard, is now listed as Williams' top backup at left tackle.

-- At receiver, sophomore Chris Dunkley, a transfer from Florida, is listed as a co-backup with junior Sterling Griffin, the team's top receiver last year, with both listed below sophomore Terrence Mitchell, who missed most of last season with a concussion.

-- Two projected starters on the defensive line, tackle Cory Grissom and end Julius Forte, are not listed on the depth chart as they just started practicing this week recovering from ankle injuries.

-- In the battle for the field cornerback job opposite Kayvon Webster, senior George Baker and redshirt freshman Kenneth Durden are now listed as co-starters, with another contender, junior Fidel Montgomery, now listed as Webster's top backup.

-- A slew of jobs are still very much up for grabs, with no less than 13 spots where there's an "or" listed on the depth chart, suggesting a dead-even position battle with less than three weeks before the Sept. 1 season opener against Chattanooga.

Posted by Greg Auman at 4:39:42 pm on August 15, 2012

http://www.tampabay....epth-chart-fall

Greg misreads the chart when he said

At receiver, sophomore Chris Dunkley, a transfer from Florida, is listed as a co-backup with junior Sterling Griffin, the team's top receiver last year, with both listed below sophomore Terrence Mitchell,

What I believe it says is Griffin and Trex share the no 1. Backed up by Dunkley

WR 10 Terrence Mitchell 5-10 164 Jr.

- or - 2 Sterling Griffin 6-0 194 Jr.

82 Chris Dunkley 6-0 180 RSo.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

No big surprises on the first chart of fall. If Lynch gets cleared I think him and Mims will share snaps as starters. I would like someone to take Bakers spot at CB, he gives up too many plays. Interesting that Joyce is ahead of Lejiste but I can understand that as Lejiste struggles in coverage quite a bit. No suprises at all on offense. Mitchell and Griffin will share snaps during the year so the or means nothing so don't expect one to pull ahead of the other.

No big surprises on the first chart of fall. If Lynch gets cleared I think him and Mims will share snaps as starters. I would like someone to take Bakers spot at CB, he gives up too many plays. Interesting that Joyce is ahead of Lejiste but I can understand that as Lejiste struggles in coverage quite a bit. No suprises at all on offense. Mitchell and Griffin will share snaps during the year so the or means nothing so don't expect one to pull ahead of the other.

The only real surprise is Perry. However, I think he might end up redshirting if Forte is healthy or Lynch gets his waiver.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Wonder if TRex is still handling returns as he has moved into the 1's on offense.

He's listed as the PR

Didn't we have a second JUCO CB other than Montgomery?

Wonder if TRex is still handling returns as he has moved into the 1's on offense.

They have him listed for punt returns.

KR 5 Lindsey Lamar 5-9 180 Sr.

PR 10 Terrence Mitchell 5-10 164 Jr.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He's listed as the PR

Josh Brown, I think

He's listed as the PR

Josh Brown, I think

I believe I read that he was better suited for safety.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Great depth