• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

7.95 for a rag? I can buy a whole towel for that. Must be a business major.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

its a start at least... i guess the proceeds go to SBC

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

This is what I sent into the website. I am a very school spirited kid along with many on here im sure so I am really interested to hear everyones feed back on this.

I have 2 things that I think could dramatically change the culture of USF football games and sporting events as a whole. One would be getting a bull on the field for football games and outside of the Dome for basketball games. I think it is another attraction that could draw a few people to games, and it is a thing people will remember about being there and for kids to fall in love with.

Another is more sound oriented. I think our new signature thing should be "jump". We use the song Jump- by Kris Kross and when it plays the whole student section begins to jump. This would be used during important events (Team entrance, big 3rd/4th downs, kickoffs etc.) Also for basketball it could be used before tip off, after an exciting play when a timeout is called, etc. It would start off with the students participation and then lead to the whole crowd doing it in the future! This would lead to shirts being made saying "Jump" with the 'U' being the USF horns. Also the motto could be, why stand when you can Jump or something of that nature. These things would automatically bring more excitement to sporting events and it would be known across the country! This is an idea I am very excited about pursuing and I feel it could benefit the whole school by giving everyone more school pride, more excitement at events, and something we can build on in the future.

While i know the 'jump' theme isnt the most original, we are usf. we are a new school and we dont have the tradition other schools have and nor can we expect to. but it must start somewhere. I think it would be effective simply because it is an already being used but with our own spin to it

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

^^^ I agree, we need better introductions, not sure about Jump though. We need to find something that will get fans to their seats before the game starts. I'd also love a bull at the games, but it won't happen especially at RayJ

Edited by BullsPride04

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

not feeling it at all.....

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

do any schools use the towel concept?

we just need to go with something and really support it.

I mean, Homer Hankies Terrible Towels or Ruh Ro Rags. It's so been done. And it was pretty pathetic where it was done. I think we need a budding Choreographer and a student musician to come up with something that is uniquely us. Something like this for a song and some crazy simple Bull Dance moves(Throwing up some horns, snorting, pawing and getting ready to gore the opponent) that we can all do.This music is perfect for a stadium band composition. Simple, bright and the horns are slamming. It would be on every news channel in the country.

Either that or we could all just do the Bullwinkle.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Not feeling Jump... we've got to be able to do better than that.

I wish we could sticky that as long as we play at RJS there will never.... ever.... ever be a bull on the field. Not saying there would be one if we played elsewhere... just saying that that ship has sailed long ago.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree... I vote for this one...

When Bubba/Dixie brought this up last time I actually took it directly to an assoc AD at athletics and was told flat out that the donor in question was in no way trying to move the program or anything in a specific direction. I'm going to take them at their word that it's not true unless I see different at some point.

I was told the same thing a while ago as well... had someone seek me out at an Alumni event and tell me that it was not true. The thing is my buddies that work in atheltics are telling me one thing and USF is telling me another.

I guess we will know what they are up to if they try to redo Rocky... currently Rocky is grey which makes him a Brahma Bull... Brahma's are the only local bull that is grey, and is one of only a few bulls that are grey in the world. Meanwhile the Spanish Bull is black, so basically what I'm saying is that if they redo Rocky and make him look like the Chicago Bulls mascot then we will know my buddies are correct... if Rocky remains a Brahma then I guess its just all office gossip.

Edited by Bubba Bull

I wish we could sticky that as long as we play at RJS there will never.... ever.... ever be a bull on the field. Not saying there would be one if we played elsewhere... just saying that that ship has sailed long ago.

Pirate ship?