• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Parking/Tailgating For The Visiting Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

On the west side of campus near the botanical gardens is a great place for away fans to tailgate on game day

Are you going to be giving us rides over to the game?

Uh oh ... looks like someone has been given similar directions when going to away games before! :D

:popcorn: If you click on my blogspot link in the original thread...I think it will explain why I'm a tad smarter than the normal visiting dude...if I was with my regular crew the Lot behind the TV station sounds great...however, we have a mixed bag of people in this group of 90. Anyone know anything about Al Lopez park? Cost? When given the choice setting up on grassy fields are always a plus. Once again thanks for the help...hopefully I'll be able to meet a few of you. Our menu will be simple but we plan on bringing some Hofmann coneys...I suspect our game will be a noon kickoff. Looking at MattSarz's TV website make it a 50/50% chance.

I'm trying to talk my wife into moving from San Antonio to FL somewhere close to MacDill...you guys might have me as a tag-along soon. Much, much prefer you guys over UCif'ers.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

On the west side of campus near the botanical gardens is a great place for away fans to tailgate on game day

Are you going to be giving us rides over to the game?

Uh oh ... looks like someone has been given similar directions when going to away games before! :D

:popcorn: If you click on my blogspot link in the original thread...I think it will explain why I'm a tad smarter than the normal visiting dude...if I was with my regular crew the Lot behind the TV station sounds great...however, we have a mixed bag of people in this group of 90. Anyone know anything about Al Lopez park? Cost? When given the choice setting up on grassy fields are always a plus. Once again thanks for the help...hopefully I'll be able to meet a few of you. Our menu will be simple but we plan on bringing some Hofmann coneys...I suspect our game will be a noon kickoff. Looking at MattSarz's TV website make it a 50/50% chance.

I'm trying to talk my wife into moving from San Antonio to FL somewhere close to MacDill...you guys might have me as a tag-along soon. Much, much prefer you guys over UCif'ers.

Thanks. As I recall, you were one of the first to welcome USF to the Big East and treated us with courtesy (as opposed to some who coined the term "the new Temple"). So, would your new name be Floridian Mark, Tampan Mark, or Mac Mark?

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Welcome back TM. Enjoy reading your tailgate guides.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Off Himes Ave is the old Mall(now a parking lot) its acrossed the street from the stadium. You wont miss the tailgaiting. Lots of room so you should have no problem. There or any of the Stadium parking lots. Also Al Lopez Park is a short walk and lots of room as well.

Thanks any idea what they charged at the Old Mall and/or Al Lopez Park last year?

i wouldnt recommend old mall for that age group...

thats traditionally a student tailgate area...

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Off Himes Ave is the old Mall(now a parking lot) its acrossed the street from the stadium. You wont miss the tailgaiting. Lots of room so you should have no problem. There or any of the Stadium parking lots. Also Al Lopez Park is a short walk and lots of room as well.

Thanks any idea what they charged at the Old Mall and/or Al Lopez Park last year?

+1 was tailgating there back in 98-99 when I was a student but if you like being around those rowdy kids go for it.

That is what I thought...For our age group (30-70) you recommend just parking in the lots at RayJay or going across the street to Al Lopez? The park (Lopez) looks pretty good but it seems like they enforce you parking in official "lined" parking spots. Anybody have an idea how quickly it fills up for a typical Big East Noon Kickoff? The Cost?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

That is what I thought...For our age group (30-70) you recommend just parking in the lots at RayJay or going across the street to Al Lopez? The park (Lopez) looks pretty good but it seems like they enforce you parking in official "lined" parking spots. Anybody have an idea how quickly it fills up for a typical Big East Noon Kickoff? The Cost?

Fill up for a noon start?? :) Only if we're kicking ass and taking names, any other time, not so much.

Fill up for a noon start?? :) Only if we're kicking ass and taking names, any other time, not so much.

Well I expect we'll both be playing for 1st place in the Big East that game. :yeahbaby: We are playing a very tough non-conference schedule (i.e...polar opposite of Rutgers) but I'm thinking 8 wins right now for Cuse. Leadership is much better this year and talent is improved along with depth.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,989
  • Days Won:  12

NORTH LOT BABY! its always packed, lots of games and food, just overall the best.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

Hey Mark,

As Bubba Bull Mentioned we (Bulls Tailgating Assoc) have a Awesome lot off Woodlawn. Everyone is welcome.