• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vero Beach USF Football Camp

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I've been around for a minute or two.... This will be a very special season gents....

We've heard that before!

I've never said it before

I wasn't suggesting that you did.

Impressive

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I've been around for a minute or two.... This will be a very special season gents....

We've heard that before!

People need to stop being so **** pessimistic on here. We have a senior heavy team where it matters, with a ton of talent. I know it hasn't worked out in the past and we have had some very unlucky breaks but Jesus be excited about your team. Dont take for granted the talent we have to work with this year. I'm willing to bet half the people saying "I've heard that before" are the ones screaming their lungs out about the lack of excitement from the student body when in reality it's mostly because they have the same mindset. Forget about the past and get excited because this team has the talent and maturity at the right spots to make a great run. And I don't want to hear the excuse "I don't want to be disappointed again" because either way if we have a bad year everyone is going to be disappointed, not just the ones that are saying we have something special. This has been one of the most exciting offseasons in USF history from recruiting, transfers, and the basketball/softball teams doing very well in the post season. I understand it's freedom of speech and people have been disappointed many times in the past but we very well could be on the verge of a huge turn in USF athletics and it's time to put the past behind us and get excited for what's about to take place at Ray Jay this season.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

181129_334926986598391_1263765579_n.jpg

Lou working overtime

That's some nice little irony right there .... Lou, with his ND shirt on, right next to Irish dagger inserter, Kayvon.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

We've heard that before!

People need to stop being so **** pessimistic on here. We have a senior heavy team where it matters, with a ton of talent. I know it hasn't worked out in the past and we have had some very unlucky breaks but Jesus be excited about your team. Dont take for granted the talent we have to work with this year. I'm willing to bet half the people saying "I've heard that before" are the ones screaming their lungs out about the lack of excitement from the student body when in reality it's mostly because they have the same mindset. Forget about the past and get excited because this team has the talent and maturity at the right spots to make a great run. And I don't want to hear the excuse "I don't want to be disappointed again" because either way if we have a bad year everyone is going to be disappointed, not just the ones that are saying we have something special. This has been one of the most exciting offseasons in USF history from recruiting, transfers, and the basketball/softball teams doing very well in the post season. I understand it's freedom of speech and people have been disappointed many times in the past but we very well could be on the verge of a huge turn in USF athletics and it's time to put the past behind us and get excited for what's about to take place at Ray Jay this season.

The board's a melting pot of USF fans and would be a pretty boring place if everybody shared your super optimistic view or if everybody had a super pessimistic outlook ... I do hope, though, that the students adhere to the former and show up in mass no matter who the opponent is.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We've heard that before!

The board's a melting pot of USF fans and would be a pretty boring place if everybody shared your super optimistic view or if everybody had a super pessimistic outlook ... I do hope, though, that the students adhere to the former and show up in mass no matter who the opponent is.

Only a real pessimistic knucklehead would consider that "super optimistic". It was well reasoned and involved a greater degree of inspection than the,all to common, "oh we suck, everyone has more tradition than us, everyone always gets the better recruits and everyone else has a better coaching staff". Agree totally with dabulls. Usually the pessimistic point of view is supported by zero facts and only bombs in to try to curb hopes for a better program. I suspect that most of those posters are closet FSU, UF and god forbid UCF fans. It's pretty obvious that those posters are present in abundance on the site. I spend a lot of time, researching and evaluating talent, and personally believe that we are bringing in both transfer and new recruits on a pace, which we never have before. Call me a "super optimist" but I can confidently report that other sports blogs that I frequent consider me the wet blanket. I call them like I see them. Don't care who objects and I really believe that USF is turning into a very powerful CFB program. Some pretty informed individuals agree with this evaluation.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We've heard that before!

Trip is dead on.

There have been some sharing their opinion on TBP since 1999...you gotta accept a little negativity/cynicism/hesitation after so many years of laying it on the line.

I don't like the negativity any more than the next fellow, but I understand it.

Let's get it done this year and forge a different path.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

We've heard that before!

**** straight.... It's amazing to think what is about to happen this season.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

We've heard that before!

gotta agree with you there buddy. I had my share of disappointment with the team every year is a new year and my optimism reloads. We're stacked at so many positions and have Sr leaders at about every level on any unit. 2012 is the year of the Bull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

I am more excited this year then ever before. Like so many others have said we are loaded with talent and depth. The recruits and transfer that are coming in will only make things better! I myself cannot wait for sept 1st to arrive.