• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotz talks about OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

National recognition will be different if we have a on campus stadium, even Holtz recognizes it.

Yeah, USC and Miami have suffered terribly by not having an OCS.

USC's campus is literally across the street from the school. It's closer than we are to MOSI. They don't own it. They just control it. Therefore "off campus"

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/15/local/la-me-coliseum-20120515

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

How many commits are sealed with Ray Jay? Something to think about. We go to an OCS, Temple will be he only BE team playing in an NFL stadium.

we also need to increase the number of students living on campus... we need to limit the total number of commuters

This is a common misbelief with schools that are seen as "commuter". Having worked at a couple other schools, on campus housing doesn't necessarily solve the problem. It's the campus and campus area environment.

Let's face it, we can build all the dorms we want, but USF seriously lacks the immediate campus environment that many schools have.

When I was in school we'd go get drinks at Tia's or Bennegins or Chili's or some other massive chain. There was the Greenery and a couple other small bars. Nothing like some of the immediate campuses in large cities like Columbus or Chicago. High street in Columbus is amazing.

I think an on campus venue could at least start building that. Not sure it will ever be like Ohio State or Northwestern, but it would improve.

Large city like Columbus, in the same sentence as Chicago???? Whaaaaaa?

Not comparing the cities, but the makeup of their major colleges in an urban setting.

A quality OCS is going to be 300 million plus.

TCF+Bank+Stadium.jpg

The Trampoline, in comparison to that beauty in Minn was $55 million a couple years earlier in 2007.

How many commits are sealed with Ray Jay? Something to think about. We go to an OCS, Temple will be he only BE team playing in an NFL stadium.

Temple is nailing them left and right.

This is an argument that comes up a lot. The caliber of player we'd want to be nationally relevant isn't choosing USF because we play in a NFL stadium. Not same some recruits don't like it, because I'm sure they do, I'm just not convinced that it's a game changer.

We only use it on game days and a couple walk throughs. It's not like the kids are hanging there on the weekdays.

RJS neither helps us or hurts us. It's more of a fan thing.

This is an argument that comes up a lot. The caliber of player we'd want to be nationally relevant isn't choosing USF because we play in a NFL stadium. Not same some recruits don't like it, because I'm sure they do, I'm just not convinced that it's a game changer.

We only use it on game days and a couple walk throughs. It's not like the kids are hanging there on the weekdays.

They take the recruits to Ray Jay. They hold events there with them. Its a sales point. And when you see videos of the recruits that visit, on the pay sites, when they talk about their visits, its brought up all the time, how impressed they were with it. Ray Jay is most definitely in the pitch to recruits. Not only that, if you watched the Big East Media day, opponents were asked the game they most look forward to and most said...playing in Tampa at Ray Jay.

Edited by slick1ru2

That's great. But I don't think the guys we want to become a national program are going to base their decisions on RJS. It's nice to have by I don't think our recruiting would go south with an on campus stadium. I really don't.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

They take the recruits to Ray Jay. They hold events there with them. Its a sales point. And when you see videos of the recruits that visit, on the pay sites, when they talk about their visits, its brought up all the time, how impressed they were with it. Ray Jay is most definitely in the pitch to recruits. Not only that, if you watched the Big East Media day, opponents were asked the game they most look forward to and most said...playing in Tampa at Ray Jay.

I think recruits would be more impressed with having an OCS. The game day atmosphere, which they experience as recruits on visits, would be astronomically better being on campus. When they come to the stadium on campus, they know that it's their stadium, not a stadium they share with a more popular team in town. An OCS would have to be at least mildly comparable, which I think Athletics will be able to do by waiting until the time is right in the next decade and finance the right way. End of the day, Ray Jay may help seal the deal to some recruits, I think an OCS would help seal the deal better. JMO.

Well maybe, if the OCS has a pirate ship. We are talking teenagers. Yeah, some may like an OCS, but I have yet to read about a recruit who didn't get the Ray Jay tour and not be impressed. It seems that SuperBull, held there, is a major turning point for many like Price and Bivins.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/sports/2007/oct/09/sp-on-campus-stadium-has-benefits-but-ray-jay-suit-ar-177584/

As far as playing at the home of the Bucs and the site of Super Bowl XLIII in 2009, Raymond James Stadium has been a huge recruiting tool for USF.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1207699.html

3-star WR Jeff Badet Excited to be a Bull

" I also love the stadium they play in, because I’m also a Buc’s fan and always dreamed of playing in there, so that was another big plus for me.â€

Sebring LB Bullock is the Newest USF Commit!

“I really like the campus, the locker rooms, the facilities and love the stadium.†my family can easily come watch me play. That’s what sold me, that and the stadium.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/30273234

Like Price, Bivins has been a mainstay on the 7-on-7 circuit and camp circuit. He ended up committing at the SuperBull camp put on by USF coaches at Raymond James Stadium. (Price) the facilities are awesome