• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rodney Adams, WR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Future unknown for Lakewood's Rodney Adams

1345135828265.jpg

Questions surround the Spartans senior wideout

By Brooke Bennett,

Last Updated: Thursday, August 16, 2012 @ 12:50PM

ST. PETERSBURG --

Lakewood wide receiver Rodney Adams has re-opened his recruiting.

Adams, who committed to the University of Florida back in February, de-committed from the Gators following the departure of wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill on Aug. 3, but his college choice hasn’t been the only question circulating around the 6-foot-1, 165-pound receiver. His senior season could also be in jeopardy, due to health concerns.

"Just found out I can't play football right now,†Adams posted Monday on his Facebook Page. “Dang somebody pray for me...I got some bad news from the doctor they said they think I have a hole in my heart."

Adams has not attended a full practice with the Spartans in over a month, Lakewood head coach Corey Moore told BHSN.

"I have not fully evaluated the situation," Moore said. "Following the Team USA trip in July, our communication has been very limited."

Moore says his main focus is on the athletes that are at practice and have put in the work. He says the team's goals for this season remain the same.

"Rodney is like a son to me, all of my players are," Moore said. "I feel it is important to get them prepared for how the real world is."

Lakewood hosts Countryside on Friday, Aug. 24 in their kick-off classic.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2012/8/16/future_unkown_for_la.html

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wow, too bad, but a real blessing that they found it. Hopefully he can get it fixed and get back to the game. Might have a new found appreciation for it. Thoughts and prayers for Rodney, suggest everyone do the same.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, too bad, but a real blessing that they found it. Hopefully he can get it fixed and get back to the game. Might have a new found appreciation for it. Thoughts and prayers for Rodney, suggest everyone do the same.

Absolutely.

My son had the same condition (although it's a lot more common in infants) and it just closed it self off completely as of two weeks ago. Football aside, hopefully Rodney gets repaired or recovered and does well in his future.

Great News for Rodney and maybe for the Bulls

Lakewood's Adams returns to practice, as a spectator

Thu. August 16, 2012 | Rodney Page | Email

blog%2Fimages%2Flead%2FTP_353275_WALL_football_8_1.JPG

Lakewood receiver Rodney Adams attended his first preseason practice Thursday, but he did not participate.

Adams has missed the first week and a half because doctors thought he might have a heart condition. But Adams said a second checkup went much better and he expects to be cleared to practice again on Aug. 28.

“They didn’t find anything this time,’’ Adams said. “It’s a big relief. I’m ready to get out there.’’

Adams said he will miss the Spartans' preseason game against Countryside, as well as the season opener at Seminole on Aug. 31. He plans to be on the field for Lakewood’s district opener against Blake on Sept. 7.

As a junior, Adams caught 25 passes for 742 yards and 10 touchdowns. He originally committed to Florida but recently de-committed after UF receivers coach Aubrey Hill left the program. He did not say which schools are now at the top of his list.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/lakewoods-adams-returns-practice-spectator/14407/

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That's great to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to keep an eye on Rodney.

The other Newberg tweets

4-star WR Rodney Adams returned to practice today. He's been held out bc Drs thought he had a hole in his heart. Now cleared to play

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

oh snap

• 2 weeks later...

Rodney is coming to the game tonight. We are lagging behind Houston, UCF and WVU according to 247. Hopefully that changes after we throat stomp one set of Kaniggits tonight.

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

After watching his Youtube video's he's the real deal in my opinion and is the only other WR besides Coley I would offer if I was USF. Hopefully these WR's know the talented QB we have coming in that will give our talented WR's the first chance to dominate a game. We have always had talented WR's at USF but our problem is when you have a shorter QB you have to create lanes for him to throw and is something we have never been able to fully offer BJ. I'm not knocking BJ I think he is the best athlete we have ever had at our school but football is a team sport and it takes a team to win week in and week out. Ashantii will offer this to our talendted WR's and TE's(stacked at both) and show Teddy Heisman what a real QB looks like. Everytime I look at him I hope for the best being a Miami prospect but he's nowhere near Woulard in terms of physical stature and once Ashiantii comes here and utilizes the talent around him will have the same heisman talk going on, probably more being a big metro and Football mecca, TB loves winners and will gather around this kid like he is Joe Montana.

Ashiantii is a QB that can take advantage of our speed angle something people have been preaching for years now and it is the truth. We do have some of the fastest WR's in the country but it doesn't matter if you can't get them the ball.

Sorry about my Woulard rant but Adams reminds me of Andre Davis but adding a little more speed. He has hands like cobwebs and can go up and get the ball at it's highest point. Davis is physically better prepared right now for those kinds of catches but Adams seems to have a good football IQ after watching him break on the db's when he is running for a TD. He shows confidence and poise and lets the play develop which is important and seems to have the perfect combo opposite Davis to showcase something like the big D did back in the early 90's with Irvin and Harper and a few Jay Novachek's and Moose johnson's between all the talented TE's we have.

Hopefully Jojo can be the great slot back that can succeed in the college ranks. You don't have to have a big punishing back in colllege if your QB can be that person and that is basically where Woulard's DT comes into play and will allow us to have a smaller back ala Tim Tebow w/ Rainey/Demps. It only works if you have that DTQB with all the inatngiables and is something we will be able to finally offer. The future is bright regardless with Woulard coming but if Adams comes it will just show how dominant we can be with all the right parts. The Cowboys are my prime example and they didn't even have a DTQB but they did have an amazing OL and RB but with a tall, poised QB you can offset those differences in college and make up for them.

It's great to hear that he is better but I just hope he isn't pushing it and making everyone say he is allright when he isn't. I can only imagine how it feels with his talent but when you are talking about your heart that is something serious. Which honestly only makes my point that much stronger considering the health facilities we have in Tampa and the treatment he would get for free. Atleast here the Doc's won't care about your production but more about your recovery, since that is all that matters. Plus if everything works out look at the positives with an NFL coach in TB that cares about his players with Schiano and would be more than happy to take a chance on someone that might have health issues but is surrounded by their doc's. To me it's a no brainer with all the intangibles here in TB but which ever you choose I just hope your health is always solid and allows you to play to the best of your ability, good luck and I hope you choose USF.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Rodney Adams has set his visits, I was suprised to seem him visting WVU as we backed off a bit a start of season over health issues but he is a player. UH is supposedly his leader because they stayed with him unlike WVU and USF, but USF does not look to be in contention now, does have WKU as a visit but I dont see Taggert there after this season.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rodney-Adams-16809