• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bailey's Take on BE and Big Bowl Tie-In

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

"This conference, because of its record over the past six years or so, really plays very good football, and if it's based on meritocracy, then we will be able to do as well as anybody else," Bailey said.

"That's No. 1. This relationship with the bowls that other conferences have, they've always had them. We've always felt that at the end of the day, even though there was AQ status, you wanted to play well and earn your way into a bowl and not necessarily be anointed."

"Based on the meritocracy, we feel pretty good that quite a number of teams based on our historical performance level will mean the conference will be absolutely fine."

"The best way to say this is that most schools and then most conferences have peaks and valleys," Bailey said. "Sometimes you perform well over a period of time, and other times you go down a little bit."

"Not too many schools and/or conferences are at the top for a very long period of time. I'm just not good enough at looking at a crystal ball to predict how well the ACC is going to do."

"All we can be conscious about is how the Big East competes and how many quality programs we've got and focus just on that, and let the other things happen, and those are things right now that are out of our control. All we can do is bank on the notion that the schools that are in the Big East are going to perform quite well and earn their way into not only (the elite bowl games) but into the top four also."

"Right now, we're more focused on where we stand in terms of the topic of access and revenue distribution," he said. "I'm not in a position to tell you what's going to happen in the future in relation to other bowls. The selection of those bowls themselves hasn't been determined yet."

"Sometimes it doesn't work perfectly and you have to live with those things, fair unfair, deserved, undeserved, that's kind of the rub of the green," Bailey said. "Sometimes it's going to happen, whether it's to the Big East or someone else."

** I did not realize it is an AA article, but once I realized it was I figured I would just bring out the Bailey comments so no one else made my mistake and accidentally read an AA article.

http://espn.go.com/c...s-lack-tie-game

Edited by skingraft

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jesus, we need a commish who will fight the PR battle. I really hope we get a pit bull who will stand up and and give a positive BE spin.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Jesus, we need a commish who will fight the PR battle. I really hope we get a pit bull who will stand up and and give a positive BE spin.

That sounded like a positive spin to me. What would you like to hear?

His appearance with the media is like a big foot sighting. Where is all of the info comparing the BE with the ACC? Where is the info stating the past successes of the conference? Where is he in trying to secure a major bowl (regardless if we get one I want to hear he is at least up to bat). The BE office is a joke, they do nothing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

His appearance with the media is like a big foot sighting. Where is all of the info comparing the BE with the ACC? Where is the info stating the past successes of the conference? Where is he in trying to secure a major bowl (regardless if we get one I want to hear he is at least up to bat). The BE office is a joke, they do nothing.

You don't really want him to go there, do you??

Why not, we are actually fine in many statistical categories (wins vs. BCS opponents, wins va. ACC, etc). Perception is the key. Right now he is saying "let's wait and see". Right now that is not good enough as we are constantly getting rolled by ESPN and media types. You should have heard what he was saying on ESPN today...his mouth was moving but very little in defense of the league.