• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bailey On USF/UCF: "A Healthy, Respectful Rivalry"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

they'll come a time when UCF will beat us, I hope its not soon and its after I'm gone(fyi I'm 23 and my life expectancy is around 82) so there's that.

LOL!! Lets turn them into the Chcago Cubs of CFB. :) LOL

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

We are 4-0 versus them now, I predict 5-0.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

My wife and I were standing in line at the ESPN club at Disney's Boardwalk. We started talking to the couple in front of us. In the course of the conversation, we find out that the girl was a school teacher. My wife mentioned that she's a USF Alumn, girl gets ALL KINDS OF PISSY. "I went to a real school". I hate ucf.

This is why it is turning into a rivalry. They have a holier-than-thou attitude towards us, yet everything points to us being a better university overall (I'll admit, their engineering program is pretty **** good). Screw 'em and beat their tin foil heads in.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

My wife and I were standing in line at the ESPN club at Disney's Boardwalk. We started talking to the couple in front of us. In the course of the conversation, we find out that the girl was a school teacher. My wife mentioned that she's a USF Alumn, girl gets ALL KINDS OF PISSY. "I went to a real school". I hate ucf.

That woman doesn't know what she is talking about. USF is a real school. South Florida is a top 50 research institution, and in the top 10 for US patents among universities. If she actually feels so strongly that those statistics are indicative of a "fake school," she should notify the incoming freshmen with an average gpa of 3.91 of her views about them.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

You need to understand when it comes to USF, UCF has penis envy. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I want to f'n throw up..... I do not mind a rivalry, but beating them gives us nothing..... we gain nothing, and the last time we beat them we actually went backwards in the rankings

\

we should have never stop playing them

we should have kept playing them and dominating them and the recruiting that goes with it

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I want to f'n throw up..... I do not mind a rivalry, but beating them gives us nothing..... we gain nothing, and the last time we beat them we actually went backwards in the rankings

\

we should have never stop playing them

we should have kept playing them and dominating them and the recruiting that goes with it

And we'd be in the exact same spot we are now except we would have had a couple more infestations at RayJay .to have dealt with...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

beating UCF means everything now.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but do you mean that statement for you, the players, or the fan base.... Beating UCF will be important as it would pertain to the conference, but I just see this rivalry as joke...

how exactly is it a joke?

we passed them, now they caught up to us; a rival is defined by many things (distance being one of them), but I still do not feel we add value to our program by playing them. Yes, we have too now, but I just laugh at the fact (hence the joke) people get so fired up to play them.... I just see zero value in it...... we all have opinions, yes opinions are like ********, but this one is my opinion; right or wrong.... I still see Rutgers as more of a rival that what UCF will ever be based upon competition

what competition? we lose to rutgers all the time...

if you asked their fan base if they thought USF was a rival... they'd laugh.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

beating UCF means everything now.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but do you mean that statement for you, the players, or the fan base.... Beating UCF will be important as it would pertain to the conference, but I just see this rivalry as joke...

how exactly is it a joke?

we passed them, now they caught up to us; a rival is defined by many things (distance being one of them), but I still do not feel we add value to our program by playing them. Yes, we have too now, but I just laugh at the fact (hence the joke) people get so fired up to play them.... I just see zero value in it...... we all have opinions, yes opinions are like ********, but this one is my opinion; right or wrong.... I still see Rutgers as more of a rival that what UCF will ever be based upon competition

what competition? we lose to rutgers all the time...

if you asked their fan base if they thought USF was a rival... they'd laugh.

Let me start over... I'm not asking anyone a single question on what "I" think.... It is an opinion of "mine" that playing UCF is a joke and will help USF in no way shape or form in the new conference alignment/NC format as far as SOS goes..... That is just it; when we play Rutgers it is very competitive and they have gained more respect in the CFB world that UCF has.... I will state it once again for you... In "MY OPINION" UCF is not a rival, they are just a school close to us, we gain nothing in beating them, and since they are the BE now people are going to try to force it to be a rival due to proximity....

Edited by skingraft

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

ri·val

1. a person or team who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.

2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

3. USF vs UCF = rivals