• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soccer Season Tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

My wife tried soccer (men's & women's; 10/12 games) a few years ago, and found it dull for the most part. The biggest audience seemed to be families with young kids who played youth soccer. We might give it a try for a game or two in the new stadium, but can't see us ever buying season tickets

A large number of attendees are from youth clubs, but there's also a pretty strong student showing considering its not basketball or football. The new stadium provides a better experience in my opinion. You are much closer to the action.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

My wife tried soccer (men's & women's; 10/12 games) a few years ago, and found it dull for the most part. The biggest audience seemed to be families with young kids who played youth soccer. We might give it a try for a game or two in the new stadium, but can't see us ever buying season tickets

LOTS has changed since then. For starters, the new stadium is a great place to watch a game. You are no longer 20 yards away from the pitch, separated by 8 track lanes. You're right on top of the pitch. Plus, the students, specifically the Goalmouths, are very energetic and sing and chant the entire game. It's a great atmosphere.

I highly recommend you come back for a few games.

Did you see any of the youtube videos from the USF-New Mexico PKs last season?

This was my favorite moment as a Bull. Getting everyone together to sing the Fight Song and Alma Mater after the adrenaline rush from the PKs was priceless.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The goalmouths are ruthless. The poor keepers have no chance. At times I ALMOST felt bad for them.

The goalmouths are ruthless. The poor keepers have no chance. At times I ALMOST felt bad for them.

You mean like the UCF keeper who posted his cell phone number publicly on Facebook. And yes, his phone did explode during that game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You mean like the UCF keeper who posted his cell phone number publicly on Facebook. And yes, his phone did explode during that game.

There was the "substitute kicker" game. The game when the coach yelled out the keepers name, you guys were brutal. It really adds to the atmosphere.

When they were still at the track stadium, I recall a time when the goalmouths figured out the name of the goalie's girlfriend. They received a couple warnings in that game.

When they were still at the track stadium, I recall a time when the goalmouths figured out the name of the goalie's girlfriend. They received a couple warnings in that game.

Wasn't Goalmouths, they didn't exist before last season officially. But yes, I recall that game. USF students can get rowdy sometimes. I still wish I could have been here for the Death Row days in the SunDome.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I wish the Goalmouths were around when I was there. The 20 of us that sat behind the goals in the bleachers weren't anywhere near as good as these guys are.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

LOTS has changed since then. For starters, the new stadium is a great place to watch a game. You are no longer 20 yards away from the pitch, separated by 8 track lanes. You're right on top of the pitch. Plus, the students, specifically the Goalmouths, are very energetic and sing and chant the entire game. It's a great atmosphere.

I highly recommend you come back for a few games.

[media=]

As I said in my earlier post, we may go to a couple of games, but can't foresee ever buying season tickets. I go to sporting events because I enjoy the action on the field, not because of the rodeo clowns/sideshows (Bullies, Goalmouths, etc), and just don't find soccer very interesting. I'm also not a fan of general admission seating.