• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BB / FB season(Student sections)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I ask a few serious questions. Is the Student section in the Sundome to big? Reason I ask is based on seasons past. I dont see that many students showing up for every game, in fact dont see that many showing up for most games. So It would suck to have the whole end sit empty when they could sell the tickets. I know last year playing away from home was an excuse(not a good one but will accept it). But years past what was the reason?

Same goes for Football. Yes I expect to see the student section full for FSU, but other than that game maybe Rutgers has a shot at being close to full.

One last pet peeve is the students that do show up at football games sitting in my section, I cant tell you how many times students walk over and sit in season ticket holder seats and act suprised or worse when they are asked to move. Raymond James needs to do a better job at making sure people are in the right Section/ seats.

Not hating on the students,I know Ill take some heat but asking honest questions here.

I also understand why the school needs to block off that many( future growth and the potential) but it really is bad when we dont have them take advantage of it.

Time to have the Student body start getting their peers excited and fill up the Student sections.

Thought and hopefully good discussion.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

There are plenty of other empty seats in Ray Jay that it's not like the students are keeping us from a sellout.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Alumni thread #8,412 about how bad the students suck? Really?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

Aware sudents are not to blame for lack of sell outs. That wasnt the question. The questions are do we need that big of a student section and what are we doing to ensure students fill it up?

Years ago the student section for Football was smaller, than the school expanded the section( re-located many paying season ticket holders) only to see it sit empty. The reason given was we wanted to have the largest student section in the BE. Well that is great in theory, but hasnt really worked out.

How do we create buzz on campus to get students to pack the dome and Ray Jay. Make it a great home field advantage?

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

When I lived on campus about 6-7 years ago you wouldn't know there was a basketball game going on unless you searched it out/looked online. There's what, 6,000 kids living on campus now? Tons more live in the surrounding student housing...Start pounding out the flyers, hang them all over the dorms, windows, Marshall Center, go to apartment complexes and drop magnets off with the schedule, ect ect ect ect. Don't want to pay to have someone go do that? Get ten students from SBC/Beef Studs to do a 'student blitz' and as a thank you give them club access for a game. SOMETHING to get the buzz going on campus. Otherwise you'll have the same 50 students showing up each game.

Edited by ctbrown24

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I know for football it's 12,001 just to say we have the biggest student section in the BE.

Betcha that changes soon...

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

I know for football it's 12,001 just to say we have the biggest student section in the BE.

Betcha that changes soon...

One more than WVU, who is gone now.

Personally, I do think football is too big.

DOZEIDHXYDRVSEU.20080111193054.jpg

They need to remove the 300 level seats and only allow the 200 level seats to open up once the 100 level is full. Too many students go straight to the top of the 200s (although I can't blame them for the day games when there is shade up there).

As for basketball, I get the feeling it will be too big as well. We'll fill it for some games (like the opener versus UCF) but it will not be consistent.

They need to reduce the number of seats to try and create a student demand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

When I lived on campus about 6-7 years ago you wouldn't know there was a basketball game going on unless you searched it out/looked online. There's what, 6,000 kids living on campus now? Tons more live in the surrounding student housing...Start pounding out the flyers, hang them all over the dorms, windows, Marshall Center, go to apartment complexes and drop magnets off with the schedule, ect ect ect ect. Don't want to pay to have someone go do that? Get ten students from SBC/Beef Studs to do a 'student blitz' and as a thank you give them club access for a game. SOMETHING to get the buzz going on campus. Otherwise you'll have the same 50 students showing up each game.

They have their own "club" now ... first one in the country, I think.

Hopefully, the success of last year, along with the new digs will re-ignite the student participation because we won't get to where we want to be as a program without that atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

Hopefully, the success of last year, along with the new digs will re-ignite the student participation because we won't get to where we want to be as a program without that atmosphere.

In regards to the student club, I've suggested to them [Athletics] that the club and the 100 level should be reserved for all students who request their basketball tickets online ahead of time (like how it's done for football). Anyone who shows up and gets a ticket at the gate goes to the 200 level. If there are seats available in the 100 level when the game starts, then some students can be moved down to the 100 level to fill it in.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

In regards to the student club, I've suggested to them [Athletics] that the club and the 100 level should be reserved for all students who request their basketball tickets online ahead of time (like how it's done for football). Anyone who shows up and gets a ticket at the gate goes to the 200 level. If there are seats available in the 100 level when the game starts, then some students can be moved down to the 100 level to fill it in.

Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't agree with that. Should be a physical first come, first served, IMO. If you have to get a ticket to get in then let you print out your tickets so the ones who do it online don't have to wait in line to get a ticket and can start a line at the gate to get in ...