• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good APR results for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What's amazing to me is that we couldn't have football back in the day because we were an "academic" school. But starting up the football team was instrumental in bringing up our academic standards. Oh, if only we had done it 20-30 years earlier!

how exactly did football raise our academic standards?please don't site admissions standards as proof. admission standards have increased everywhere due to grade inflation. oh and remember correlation does not imply causation.

we could use the $16M our students and school used to make up for the athletic shortfall, pay over 500 merit scholars $30k/year to attend USF and our academic reputation would improve tremendously.

didn't the education board just rip USF a new one over the barely 50% graduation rate in 6 years??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Idk what our fellow bulls are doing that is taking them over 6 years unless they're co-oping for a few semesters but that's not 50% of the students.