• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Preseason Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7-8 wins is where I see us. The Big East without WVU is a total crapshoot though. 8 wins might be all we need for a BCS berth, ala UConn in 2010

Only need 7, but they have to be the RIGHT 7 :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I have to say that anything less then the BE championship will be a disappointment to me. We brought Skip in to take the team to the next level and many on this board, my friends and even some of my family said Leavitt had gone as far as he could yet we end up about the same at the end of the season. Skip seems like a nice guy and says all the right things but failure to bring a BE championship, at least to me, is a failure. That being said I don't know if it will happen. I just don't have a good feel this year for what kind of team we will have. Lose by 3 points how many games last year ? Do we win those this year ? I guess bottom line is just enjoy the season - win or lose but no BE title and I for one am ready to see Skip go. We lost the one guy that even if we won a national championship would have stayed at USF so for new coaches it is either win or move on.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I have to say that anything less then the BE championship will be a disappointment to me. We brought Skip in to take the team to the next level and many on this board, my friends and even some of my family said Leavitt had gone as far as he could yet we end up about the same at the end of the season. Skip seems like a nice guy and says all the right things but failure to bring a BE championship, at least to me, is a failure. That being said I don't know if it will happen. I just don't have a good feel this year for what kind of team we will have. Lose by 3 points how many games last year ? Do we win those this year ? I guess bottom line is just enjoy the season - win or lose but no BE title and I for one am ready to see Skip go. We lost the one guy that even if we won a national championship would have stayed at USF so for new coaches it is either win or move on.

Of course it would be a disappointment, but I'm not sure if those are fair expectations

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I know a kid that plays for temple and he said they have us at the favorite to win the Big East. That speaks volumes more than what ESPN says

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Of course it would be a disappointment, but I'm not sure if those are fair expectations

You may be right Joe - they may not be fair but I guess it is just how I feel. Coaches move so much now that having one stay for 10+ years seems rare - especially if you are a BE school. The minute they have some success they are gone to perceived greener pastures. Maybe I am having a pre-emptive strike - Win now or your gone and let the next guy know win now or your gone because we all know if you have success at USF you are gone anyway so I am not into giving them a 4 year job interview for the next top tier programs coaching position.

Archived