• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our bball facilities, how do we compare nationally?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

When the Sun Dome is completed, I'm wondering how we compare to other elite bball programs in terms of total facilities?

I'm thinking we must be in the top 20, if not higher. Right?

Man, this is HUGE. I'm so proud!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Good question. I would imagine our basketball venue, post renevotions, would compare nationally with all the top programs. I am not sure about the other basketball facilities though.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I can make some comparisons based on the places I've physically been - though I can't say if some of those places have upgraded since I was there. I think the SunDome upgrades put it on par as a facility with the O-Dome up in Gainesville. The new practice facilities are as nice as any place I've seen (haven't physically been there, but have seen many photos).

I've been up at UNC and Duke a few times visiting family (and uncle works for UNC) and I think our upgrades put us in that echelon. Maybe not overall better, but definitely in the upper tier.

I think the important thing is to see how bad things were prior to this move. No practice facility. And old feeling facility. That has all changed and that will help draw recruits and fans.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Definitely agree that the upgraded facilities will assist in drawing in recruits. I haven't been in the Sun Dome in a long while and I am very excited to see a basketball game in the renovated Dome.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Like others, I can only compare what we will have at the new Sun Dome to other facilities I have been to, which is not many (FSU & UF). Out of those two schools ours will be better then the FSU's Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center, and about on par with the O-Dome in Gainseville, which just recieved a bunch of tiny renovations following the Gayturd Basketball Championship a few years back.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I'd say our baseball facilities are the best in the country.

• Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Absolutely not. It's nice, but there are a lot of college stadiums that are nicer.

The best? Probably LSU: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=177194

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Absolutely not. It's nice, but there are a lot of college stadiums that are nicer.

The best? Probably LSU: http://www.lsusports...0&ATCLID=177194

I was trying to be sarcastic......the original post asked about bball and everyone assumed basketball so I thought I throw up the horns for baseball which no one seems to talk about

But lets pretend I was being serious, I still would throw our stadiums and that complex up against anyone else's out including LSU. Sure it's bigger and can hold more fans but thats what a CWS will do for you. Doesn't make it better.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would say that our baseball stadium is very close to Foley Field at the University of Georgia... the only difference is our berms, outfield scoreboards, and the attached softball complex.

Other then that it appears to be a clone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

When the Sun Dome is completed, I'm wondering how we compare to other elite bball programs in terms of total facilities?

I'm thinking we must be in the top 20, if not higher. Right?

Man, this is HUGE. I'm so proud!

GO BULLS!

I think there are more programs out there with comparable facilites to what we're ending up with than we maybe realize ...

Archived