• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pro Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mike Loyko †@NEPD_Loyko

Belichick was also at USF's pro day last year and was rumored to have interest in CB/S Mistral Raymond who went earlier than expected to Min

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured that maybe I should now search, "South Florida Pro Day," instead of, "USF Pro Day," and found this nugget on Twitter.

157932_84994286822_1397817082_q.jpg

EFT Sports Performance

Congratulations to EFT Athlete Jeremiah Warren on an outstanding Pro-Day yesterday at South Florida in Tampa. At 324 lbs, Jeremiah bench pressed 225 lbs 28 times, ran his 40 in 5.15s (6th best at Combine), and had an incredible vertical jump of 31" (5th at Combine)

More success.

South Florida 2012 pro day

Posted by Seth Cox on March 21st, 2012

The Bulls of South Florida held their annual Pro Day with one big fish in attendance, as New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was in attendance.

Joining The Hoodie was Russ Grimm and eight other teams scouts, I could make out the Bucs, Raiders, Steelers, Jaguars as well in the video, so let’s take a look at the players at the South Florida 2012 pro day.

With the confirmation of at least two of the teams there, let’s take a look at who was the big draw for those teams that made the trek out were, and who they were looking at.

Darrell Scott, RB:

Scott is a thick, down hill running back that could be of interest in the late 4th round or in the 5th round. Scott is a solid if unspectacular back that doesn’t have game changing ability because of his lack of top end speed and doesn’t look to be more than a situational back at best because of his limitations when it comes to finding the hole and making the proper cuts.

Jerrell Young, SS:

Young possesses an NFL body, with a strongly built, long frame, that can handle the punishment of playing in the box at the next level. Where he struggles, and why he won’t be looked at prior to the 4th round by most teams, is in coverage.

Young has good speed, but doesn’t possess that necessary extra gear that will help him make up for the false reads he makes in coverage, causing him to not be an ideal fit playing back in coverage because he lacks the last line of defense ability.

Definitely an interesting developmental prospect at the safety position and someone the teams mentioned could be interested in on day 3 of the draft, and someone that I could see the Patriots looking at with that 31st pick in round 4.

Quenton Washington, CB:

Another raw athlete that needs time to learn the position. Has nickel back potential, but is very early in his development for footwork and doesn’t possess the necessary instincts to crack the rotation right now.

Will be interesting to see if someone takes a look in round 6 or 7 because of his upside, and not letting him getting into the un drafted free agency pool, where he would have quite a few suitors.

Jeremiah Warren, OG-OT:

Massive offensive lineman prospect who has an enormous wingspan and good initial quickness off the line. Another one of the developmental prospects that the Bulls are offering up, but a definite possibility for many of the teams listed, especially someone like the Steelers and someone I expect the Cardinals to look at to develop as well.

While players like Chaz Hine, Patrick Hampton, Claude Davis, Kevin McCaskill, and others participated, I do not have them projected to be drafted at this time.

http://tshq.co/2012/03/south-florida-2012-pro-day/

Strange, I can't access the article for that link. Perhaps someone else can and post it here.

Sports Headquarters †@TSHQsportsblog

South Florida 2012 pro day http://goo.gl/fb/jFBKT #nfl #2012nfldraft #cardinals #patriots #southflorida

2:35 PM - 21 Mar 12 via Google · Details

http://goo.gl/fb/jFBKT

Joshua Simmons †@JoshuaRJSimmons

@gregauman have any pro day numbers been released?

2htwittermug_normal.jpg Greg Auman †@gregauman

• @JoshuaRJSimmons USF used to release official numbers for Pro Day when Ronnie McKeefery ran it under Leavitt. Bulls haven't last 2 years.

In reply to Joshua Simmons Hide conversation

11:51 AM - 22 Mar 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Darrell Scott, RB:

Scott is a thick, down hill running back that could be of interest in the late 4th round or in the 5th round. Scott is a solid if unspectacular back that doesn’t have game changing ability because of his lack of top end speed and doesn’t look to be more than a situational back at best because of his limitations when it comes to finding the hole and making the proper cuts.

Ouch. Not exactly rave reviews of a guy coming out of college early.

Darrell Scott, RB: Scott is a thick, down hill running back that could be of interest in the late 4th round or in the 5th round. Scott is a solid if unspectacular back that doesn’t have game changing ability because of his lack of top end speed and doesn’t look to be more than a situational back at best because of his limitations when it comes to finding the hole and making the proper cuts.

No, but the writer still thinks he will be drafted in the 4th or 5th round. I don't think Scott believed he would do much better than that.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Darrell Scott, RB:

To my knowledge, Scott is a redshirt Junior. He's pretty much a senior right now because of his transfer. He made the right decision considering he's turning 23 next month. There's only so many hits a running back can take before he's taxed. He'll be fine and get drafted around the 5th/6th round imo.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Darrell Scott, RB:

To my knowledge, Scott is a redshirt Junior. He's pretty much a senior right now because of his transfer. He made the right decision considering he's turning 23 next month. There's only so many hits a running back can take before he's taxed. He'll be fine and get drafted around the 5th/6th round imo.

You may be right, but compared to other college football RBs, he didn't have a lot of wear on the treads. That might be a mitigator in his favor though, since that can be considered upside. I'm afraid he'll be destined for scout team RB right out of the gate, though.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Chaz Hine, Patrick Hampton, Claude Davis, Kevin McCaskill, what are the odds that these guys get picked up in free agency after the draft? Received no love.

Archived