• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if he was six figure bound, he would have signed with UM, FSU, kentucky or UF. they make that while still enrolled.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I was walking past the Muma Center this evening and it was pretty cool seeing what looked like the entire team in there scrimmaging.

I can't help but get the feeling that this team is going to be special and want to build on the legacy of last season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

y_soserious_901

profile_54979578_75sq_1340337801.jpg

Martino Brock

From Memphis...now lives in Tampa..Basketball is my Life.. I play for the University of South Florida!! GOD is GOOD!

• 126 photos
  • 318 followers

01917972c44811e1bef722000a1e8bb5_7.jpg

Goodmorning!!! Workout time

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

My account rep said to look out for Brock next season, said he watched him in practice and the kid can def ball. Said the big guy is a work in progress but could be NBA material at some point.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

My account rep said to look out for Brock next season, said he watched him in practice and the kid can def ball. Said the big guy is a work in progress but could be NBA material at some point.

By "the big guy" do you mean Omo?

JULY 02, 2012

Hoops notes: Collins limited, Abdul-Aleem strong

Caught up with USF men's basketball coach Stan Heath on the phone, and there's a bunch of notes as the team now has all of its newcomers enrolled for Summer B classes.

-- Point guard Anthony Collins won't be participating in full-contact work for the next four weeks or so due to an injury to his right hand. He has what Heath called a "stress reaction" -- basically a minor stress fracture. "It won't impact him at all," Heath said. "He'll be cleared and ready to go by August. In terms of him getting up maybe 500-1,000 shots a day, he's not getting that with his right hand, but he's shooting with his left hand, so his left hand is getting pretty good."

-- Sophomore guard Musa Abdul-Aleem, who will make a strong case to be a starter, is already the strongest player on the team, and strongest since Heath has been at USF. He can bench-press 340 pounds, which Heath said is his best total at USF -- Jarrid Famous got up to 330, he said "He can shoot the ball from range, he handles it well, he can create off the dribble and he has a strong body," Heath said. "He's well-developed. He's physically fit. My opinion of him has not changed, but we have a lot of options."

-- Also impressing early on is freshman JaVontae Hawkins of Michigan, who will compete for minutes as well: "The guy that has surprised me a little bit is JaVontae Hawkins. As a freshman, I kind of thought he'd take a little bit of time. He's going to be a little more ready than I thought. .. Everybody has come in and is working hard."

-- USF's depth at the 2-3 spots (shooting guard/small forward) is good enough the six players there will spill over to other positions for minutes. Victor Rudd will get some work at power forward, while Martino Brock and Abdul-Aleem will be Collins' backups at point guard.

-- Redshirt freshman center Jordan Omogbehin has been medically cleared to work out, but he isn't doing contact yet, working on running and additional rehab work.

Posted by Greg Auman at 3:30:36 pm on July 02, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/hoops-notes-collins-limited-abdul-aleem-strong

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

-- Redshirt freshman center Jordan Omogbehin has been medically cleared to work out, but he isn't doing contact yet, working on running and additional rehab work.

I didn't realize that Omo's injury was lasting this long ...

Didn't he have some kind of surgery on his knee? If so, no sense in rushing him.

Didn't he have some kind of surgery on his knee? If so, no sense in rushing him.

They estimated 8 months recovery and so he's right on track:

October 26, 2011

Freshman Omogbehin undergoes knee surgery

USF basketball freshman Jordan Omogbehin, the 7-foot-3 Nigerian center already redshirting this season, has undergone surgery to repair cartilage in his right knee and will be sidelined for eight months.

Omogbehin, who wears a brace on his knee from previous injuries, should be able to make a full recovery by the time the team starts individual workouts next fall. He'll be part of a new frontcourt in 2012, along with junior college standout Waverly Austin, who will sign with the Bulls next month. Both of USF's expected frontcourt starters this season, forward Augustus Gilchrist and center Ron Anderson, are seniors, with forward Toarlyn Fitzpatrick returning for 2012.

We wrote last year about Omogbehin suffering a knee injury in April 2010, but he had recovered in time to play last season in Virginia.

Posted by Greg Auman at 5:41:14 pm on October 26, 2011

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Yes I meant Omo. Said rep also told me that a well known doctor noticed OMO may have had a vison/eye problem and once corrected his hand eye coordination would be much improved...needless to say coach told him to do it ASAP.