• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chatter on ESPN.com...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

There is recent conversation on ESPN.com about Collins injuring his finger...any truth to this? or is this just a Cal fan trying to cause havoc before losing tonight?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

There is recent conversation on ESPN.com about Collins injuring his finger...any truth to this? or is this just a Cal fan trying to cause havoc before losing tonight?

In his last game (or next to last game) he was mugged a few times. Then at one point had contact with another player and grabbed his hand. Ended up leaving the court. Came back to the bench with taped up fingers (left hand) after a few minutes). Ended up coming back into the game and playing.

Never heard what the extent of the injury was.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,504
  • Days Won:  13

I have heard some whispers as well. While at the send off party someone mentioned that he may have reinjuried it in practice. But as he got on the bus it looked fine. I dont even think it was tapped.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I remember that, but thought he migh have reaggravated it or did something to it based on the bs I was reading on espn's website. I hope that is all they were referring to. The posts were recent posts from today that I read. I am sure we would have heard something with all the recent press if it was serious.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Looked like the finger wan in a splint during the celebration video on the night of the NCAA bid.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

it was a dislocated ring finger. he injured it in high school as well. very painful, but they popped it back in and he was okay. wearing a splint to keep swelling down. said he took it easy on some drills but was going 100% in practice yesterday, should be fine.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Just interviewed Jim Lighthall on 1010. Said he had a small splint on it, but didn't sound all that concerned about it.

Archived