• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Like Our Chances To Make The Sweet 16

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

aaarrrgh, really? sweet 16, we are talking sweet 16, in our first game in the NCAAs and only our third tourney game in 20 years and we are talking sweet 16. Look we already won the Super Bowl just by making the field. Talking S16 will be putting expectations that are unrealistic and will be exactly what causes melt-downs during football season. We need to take this one at a time, lets get into the field of 64 first.

Also, smazza, you are dead wrong. USF did not overachieve, USF finally lived up to the talent that has always been part of the program. Most folks expected us to be in the NIT and we were only 1 or 2 more losses away from that

I am hearing a lot about Cal's offense. That is going to be a non-issue. This game is going to be like every other "ugly" game that we have played this year. Nothing against Cal, but they aren't Syracuse, ND, Cincy or Louisville. We took all those team out of their game, well except maybe ND, who plays the same way.

Point is, Cal can beat us, sure anyone can, but they will have to do it playing our game. The team has 100% bought into this approach and the days of Georgetown and Marquette are long gone as well are the days of an 81-78 win over Providence. And the longer the season goes on the slower we get, in the first 10 games of 2012 we went over 60 pts 6 times and allowed over 60 pts 5 times, since then, 9 games, we have scored over 60 pts once. And allowed 60 pts? Not one time.

Cal may beat us but it won't be with offense.

Another CAL fan here. I'd like to just say looking around this board we all have a lot to be happy about given that both our teams that ARE IN in the tournament. Frankly, I think both our teams could have pulled a lot worse road forward in terms or bracket and potential opponents. With that said, there is a lot of chatter on both our team boards about USF's defense. I think it is worth pointing out that CAL's defense won't be a complete non-factor in this game. Statistics are statistics and you can show what you want with them most of the time, but CAL's defense is not too shabby. For example, Ken Pomeroy has an adjusted defensive efficiency metric that places USF 16th in the country, just behind Syracuse and a host of other perennial powerhouses. CAL is only 5 spots back at No. 21.

One question I haven't seen asked yet about your team is how well you think you coach is at making halftime adjustments. Does he seem to adjust well during the game to unexpected trends in the game? Does he have a good feel for when to call a timeout or how to manage the last two minutes of a game? Just wondering if any of you can put a guess to the number of games he has won or lost this season due to good/poor coaching?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I will say getting to the sweet 16 will really set this program up for future success. Also Illinois will probably hire Heath away as the fans of that program will be more acceptable of him being their next HC. USF getting to the sweet 16, who could imagine that?

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I am so excited to see us in the tournament and if we play our hearts out and come up short, I will not be pissed. Next year maybe. We need to win tonight and help set us up for a great future. I don't want to be a 1 hit wonder for the next 20 years. I do Bullieve we will achieve this

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Let's just win tonight and get a shot at Temple.

Archived