• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official USF v. Louisville In-game Thread

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

can't sleep. awesome.

two things.

this team plays such stellar D...know who played stellar D last year (and didn't score a ton of pts)? FSU. where'd they go? sweet 16. it really doesn't matter what type of offense the other team runs, we seem to be just so solid on D that we can contain a lot of teams. I think the only teams that might get us are teams that can drill tons of 3's. Offensively, we can be stopped with lots of turnovers, but if we settle in, it won't be so bad. at least in the tournament, the crowds are filled with up to 3 or 4 teams' fans (when games are back to back in the first two rounds), so it's a bit neutral which helps. we've been playing in a semi-neutral site all year at home ;)

second thing. collins. he's good. best part...freshman who plays like a senior. and he'll be here at least 3 more years if not 4. he is the key to our offense right now, and even with gil and anderson leaving, we'll have guys in who can plug in and run this thing. could be a nice few years for usf hoops!

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's an amazing Defensive scheme, but as anyone whose played competitive BB knows, a lot of it comes to fruition with momentum and confidence. We truly own that right now. We sincerely believe we can beat anyone on any court on any day. It shows in the way that we are playing. No trepidation or hesitancy in our game. Every trip down the court, is full tilt boogie. Gotta love this run.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

MUST GO TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I don't soon I'll over sleep, then I'll get fired. If I get fired, I can't afford tickets to THE DANCE!

AHHHHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAH!

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I finished watching the game about 30 minutes as working late caused me to miss it live even though I kept up with score and final result. The 1st half was snooze ville as usual but in the 2nd half the team really attacked Louisville and the offensive tempo overall was good for the most part. USF didn't always score but they really took it to the Cardinals who themselves played a much better 2nd half. Even the announcer was wondering could USF keep up the pace because it is not practiced or at least to the extend Louisville practices it. Our guys did great!

Ok here we go, Kudos to Coach Stan Heath and his staff for the adjustments made at halftime in the game plan and firing up Gilchrist who was a changed man most of the 2nd half. Stan Heath really out coached Slick Rick in this game no ifs and's or but's about it.

2 season ago when Louisville beat a good USF team Pitino was asked what is the main reason why his teams really beat up on USF every time? Rick's response was, "talent, we simple have more talent which is the difference in the 2 teams." I said on the bullspen then that when USF can play with and beat Louisville that would be my indicator that the program has arrived. The talent gap between the 2 teams is close enough to where USF can compete and beat that program. Welcome to the BE South Florida Bulls!!!

Archived