• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Haven't seen much on the WR coaching opening

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think that's pretty cool. I remember him playing for the Saints. Not really a standout in the NFL but definitely a solid, dependable receiver. Definitely enough to impart good knowledge and instruction to our WRs.

Once he takes a look at what we have and who is coming in, he'll have to be excited the job.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Great hire!

I was there for that. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I can imagine. After that unbelieveble play, to miss the extra point is mind numbing.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Don't know how I missed that ... when did that happen? That is unfreakinbelievable.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I can imagine. After that unbelieveble play, to miss the extra point is mind numbing.

I'm a Jags fan, so I was on the other end. Watching the play happen was mind numbing and him shanking the xp was unbelievable.

Cinderella story of USF’s Jerome Pathon

Posted Feb 21, 2012 by Joey Johnston

Updated Feb 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM

If you’re attracted to a good Cinderella sports story, then you’re probably going to love Jerome Pathon, who was hired Tuesday as the University of South Florida’s receivers coach.

Pathon, 36, was receivers coach at the University of San Diego for the past three seasons. Born in South Africa and raised in Canada, he didn’t have a big-time scholarship offer for college football. So he became a walk-on at the University of Washington.

After that?

* He finished as the school’s third all-time leader in receiving yards.

* He became a first-team All-American.

* He was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the second round (with the 32nd overall pick).

* He played eight seasons in the NFL.

“You don’t do any of that without some incredible determination, drive and work habits,’’ USF coach Skip Holtz said. “His path to get there (NFL) was as interesting to me as him actually being there. I think he’s very special.’’

Holtz said Pathon’s background will mean “instant credibility’’ for USF’s receiving corps, one of the team’s deepest and strongest units.

“But this is more than just sizzle,’’ Holtz said. “When he got on the board (during the interview process), he showed that he knows the trade. The techniques and fundamentals … he just knows the trade. There’s sizzle to his background, but he has quite a bit of substance behind it as well.’’

Ironically, Phil McGeoghan, the former USF receivers coach who left for the NFL’s Miami Dolphins just after signing day, was a major reason why Pathon got a look from USF. McGeoghan, who once was Pathon’s teammate with the New Orleans Saints, recommended him to Holtz. Minnesota Vikings assistant George Stewart, who once played for Holtz’s father Lou, also knows Pathon and provided a strong endorsement.

“Jerome is a young coach, but I think his star is rising,’’ Holtz said. “I was impressed by his knowledge, his experience and his hunger. Jerome really made an impression on Phil (McGeoghan). He was a teammate, but he coached Phil back then on how to be a professional and how to work.

“I think Jerome is going to do the same kind of thing for our guys.’’

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/cinderella-story-of-usfs-jerome-pathon/

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Well, we got him from a pretty good program out in SD. I'm concerned about this recruiting ties in FL though. PM didn't have any ties from waht I remember though and he did pretty well, so we'll see...

Well, we got him from a pretty good program out in SD. I'm concerned about this recruiting ties in FL though. PM didn't have any ties from waht I remember though and he did pretty well, so we'll see...

I don't think he was brought in for his recruiting ties to Florida, but he lived in Fort Lauderdale for four years at the end of his playing career. So, he shouldn't have roo much difficulty getting acclimated to the recruiting scene in Florida.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

http://Seeger Weiss Represents Former NFL Players in Concussion Lawsuit

"The suit was brought in New Jersey federal court by 11 former players: Joe Horn, Chris Walsh, Jim Finn, Scott Dragos, Jerome Pathon, Isaiah Kacyvenski, Brad Scioli, Matt Joyce, Sean Ryan, Paul Zukauskas and Sean Berton. They have over 70 years' combined experience playing for the NFL, for more than a dozen different teams. The ex-players all allege that they suffer from onset of brain impairment, and experience a host of maladies, such as short-term memory loss, frequent headaches, extreme lack of concentration and focus, sleep disturbances, vertigo, dizziness and depression."

All the qualities I was looking for in a coach...

Archived