• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DarkSide failed today!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

It's pretty simple: That optimism was based on Seth actually having proven that he could take a team to the NCAA's and put players in the NBA.  RMC has not done either of the above.

You can add to that the fact that RMC was brought onboard by LRS as a CUSA coach. The Big East move happened after he was already on campus coaching the team. The obvious question, would they have looked for a different dynamic if they knew the next coach would have to build for the Big East? Would they have supported RMC's gutting the team like he did? In a way, he might have bit off more than he can chew and it's not entirely his fault, just a case of bad timing. I don't like that the fans are the ones left holding the bag in this thing - it hurts the school in the long run by reinforcing the view that USF is a perennial doormat in basketball which is the last thing I want to see.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

We knew we would likely be going to the Big East before Mac ever got here.

For more evidence that Mac knows how to "build a program" for long term success.. look at his tenure at WMU...

His "system" as you call it might work at a MAC school, but the Big East is a far cry from the MAC. You are not going up against the best in the nation every week in the MAC, the recruiting and media demands are not even close to the same thing.

We knew we would likely be going to the Big East before Mac ever got here.

Not true - it was only when BC jumped to the ACC and LRS made his presentation that it was likely, and if I recall that was months after McCullum was hired.

let me reword it... we were already making a push to get into the big east... so it really wasn't a huge surprise.  It is a moot point anyway... we hired mac because we thought he could get our team to play at the highest level... regardless of conference.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

It is a moot point anyway... we hired mac because we thought he could get our team to play at the highest level... regardless of conference.

I don't know velcro, they may be right. Maybe LRS just wanted us to be competitive with the Louisville's and Cincinnati's of the basketball world. If he'd known we were heading to the Big East at the time of the hire maybe he WOULD have tried to get a coach that could compete against the BE rather than compete against those two lowly programs ........

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Let's form a triumvirate to oversee this fertile and burgeoning "Land of the Velcrons".

Velcro - Supreme Commander of the Velcron Forces

TripleBSkywalker - Instructor Emeritus at the Velcron Academy

Bulliever - whiny ***** in charge of defending RMc !

:)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

It's pretty simple: That optimism was based on Seth actually having proven that he could take a team to the NCAA's and put players in the NBA.  RMC has not done either of the above.  

BTW if RMC goes .500 in his third year I promise to shut my yapper about the guy forever.  I think we all know, however that that aint gonna happen.   I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.  Anyone else?

a six pack of yours for a sixpack of mine

.500 season next year!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Let's form a triumvirate to oversee this fertile and burgeoning "Land of the Velcrons".

Velcro - Supreme Commander of the Velcron Forces

TripleBSkywalker - Instructor Emeritus at the Velcron Academy

Bulliever - whiny ***** in charge of defending RMc !

:)

Only if I can wield a ruler ala the nuns of old ..........

Nun-with-ruler.gif

You can also wear army boots to wade through all the crap spewed by the fools ;)