• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Brown CB JUCO TransferArizona Western College.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe we ought to recruit a 4th quarter defensive scheme for next season. Our guys seemed to be able to shutdown offenses for three quarters (Pitt excluded) and then fell apart when they went to the "bend don't break" scheme used by the DC in the fourth quarter of every darn game we played. I don't know that JC transfers can fix bad schemes.

If you look back at the film, we tried several different fourth quarter schemes. No scheme is going to work if the WRs get 10 yards of separation.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe we ought to recruit a 4th quarter defensive scheme for next season. Our guys seemed to be able to shutdown offenses for three quarters (Pitt excluded) and then fell apart when they went to the "bend don't break" scheme used by the DC in the fourth quarter of every darn game we played. I don't know that JC transfers can fix bad schemes.

If you look back at the film, we tried several different fourth quarter schemes. No scheme is going to work if the WRs get 10 yards of separation.

I agree 100%. I don't know whether the scheme was a product of the personnel, though. It could be that Snyder doesn't trust his secondary and would rather keep everything in front of them. On the other hand, that isn't a recipe for long-term success. Hopefully a more talented secondary will result in tigther coverage, and this isn't just a philosophical thing with Snyder. If the latter, I doubt he'll change.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The defections of DJ White to Ga Tech and Rayshawn Jenkins to "sanctions pending" Miami, had our coaching staff scrambling to fill those holes in the secondary.

Archived