• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the outrage for Coach McCullum???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, turkey ****head, how can anyone take you seriously when your grammar is so atrocious?

LOL

If this isn't like the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

S Bien has been this board's resident grammar hack for longer than I care to remember.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, in the interim, McCullum can use that increased budget to recruit better athletes and make us competitive effectively rendering this thread and conversation moot.

Maybe for travel expenses, but there's little he can do that he isn't able to do already.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

There was no excuse for losing to a team like STL. That reflects badly at the talent level of the team and the ability of a coach to rally his players.

So, based on this, we have serious problem with our football team, too ..............

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

If McCullum is so worried about kids graduating, maybe he should go coach a high school program. The last I looked, no one was crying about Cinci's low graduation rate in Ohio... hell, Huggins even added a DUI to his resume and nothing came of it.

Cleaning house left us at rock bottom in CUSA... and personally... we lose Swift and Leather (our two headed monster this season) and replace them with the Purdue transfer and an injured but potential great player in Cann. Will that be enough to get it done?

I mean... we need players better than Swift and Leather to even have a fighting chance to win in the Big East. I don't know if we're even getting them... I will hope for our current players to turn out to be unheralded wonders... but from what I've watched... most are just average Div I role players.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Bull94,

All good points.  You really need the dollars to get the coach.  I think Woolard will be the guy that goes to the Alumni and says put up or shut up.  When half the assitent coaches in the BE are making as much as your head coach it makes it tough.  That is the reason I don't think we could get Bobby Lutz who I think could do a great job here but you gotta pay him.  Yes it is a tough job here and there are no guarentees that a new coach would do better then Mac.  My problem with Mac is not his coaching, he does a fine job, but his recruiting.  I don't see a bright future when I look at his incoming recruits and this may be his achilles heal.  If I got a dream coach it would be what happened to UAB.  They get Gene Bartow from UCLA and had years of success.  Yes I know he also was the AD but he took UAB from nowhere to many NCAA appearances.  Who is that guy now ?  Who knows but I can dream.  I want to thank you for an intelligent response to a post and not getting into a pissing match like alot of this thread has.

Guest Turkey Shizzler

tribleB, I go to about half of the home games.

s. bien, taking shots at someone's screen name? at their grammar (which is no worse than yours)? making lewd sexual references in an attempt to degrade someone? and then claiming I am the one who won't ''talk the facts?'' how old are you? you always came across like a pathetic blowhard but i didn't know you also were an ultrasensitive insecure loser whose manhood is defined by the fact that he actually uses his real name on a message board. congratulations - like anyone cares who you are. maybe they can put up an 18-under board for you also, seems more your style. the board is about ideas and thoughts and information and usf athletes and teams and the like, not about individual posters. sorry if that is a blow to your ego.

here are some facts for you: you accused me of taking shots at a young man's heart. wrong, that was you taking a shot at baxter's heart. (you said he had the "heart of a puppet,'' to quote you.)

i said when a guy gains a lot of weight (about 50 pounds in cann's case) it has to raise questions about him, about his dedication. like it or not, it does. ask melvin turpin or oliver miller. i read the tribune - cann admitted to getting up to 285. maybe you missed that. i don't see every story either.

am glad to hear he apparently has lost the weight. good sign.

more facts: as for cann's recruiting ranking, as I said his does not compare with bb waldon's. maybe cann once upon a time was in the top 25 in his class, but those days are long gone, surely due in part to the injury, as i said. he is not rated in the top 100 nationally by scout.com and is not in the top 150 by rivals.com.

you can check those facts yourself, and then you can stop referring to him as usf's best recruit since charlie bradley. maybe he will be a great player at usf but he is not considered a great recruit, nowhere near the top 25.

and please accept my apology in advance for not having a cool name like s. bien or having flawless grammar.

If McCullum is so worried about kids graduating, maybe he should go coach a high school program. The last I looked, no one was crying about Cinci's low graduation rate in Ohio... hell, Huggins even added a DUI to his resume and nothing came of it.

Cleaning house left us at rock bottom in CUSA... and personally... we lose Swift and Leather (our two headed monster this season) and replace them with the Purdue transfer and an injured but potential great player in Cann. Will that be enough to get it done?

I mean... we need players better than Swift and Leather to even have a fighting chance to win in the Big East. I don't know if we're even getting them... I will hope for our current players to turn out to be unheralded wonders... but from what I've watched... most are just average Div I role players.

Great points.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I'm not worried much about Cann/Buckley or Dennis, i'm just hoping others step up more.  I think Cann will be healthy... Buckley will be our star, and Dennis is already proving he has some major skills.