• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics and Judy's office and small donors

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

has to be a mistake-- I've never seen anyone treated this way regardless of being a donor or a nobody

were they taking a picture of the ribbon cutting and asked you not to be in the frame? even that seems unprecedented

the key here is WHO pushed you aside

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Last night was the only time that I've felt that way about Judy. My feelings about this issue started at the ribbon cutting ceremony for The Corbett Complex, we were invited, we got a tour of the Athletic Center, but as soon as the "connected" people started arriving we were summarily pushed to the side and told that the ceremony was for big donors, even though we were invited.

How exactly did they get that point across? Did you not get to see the ribbon cutting ceremony even though you were invited?

We did not get to see the ribbon cutting ceremony. I was told "The ceremony is for people that donated the the soccer complex". I had the invitation with me, but like I said it wasn't the or the place to say anything.

I think that is the perfect time to say something. I'm not one to make waves, but if I have an invite and someone wants to uninvite me, I'm showing them my invite and making them explain why I've been uninvited.

I'm not quite sure why your story has anything to do with Genshaft, however. Is she the one that pushed you aside?

Judy really didn't do anything "wrong", I understand about last night, as there was a $hit ton going on. She just happened to be the last person in the university leadership that I saw last night.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

has to be a mistake-- I've never seen anyone treated this way regardless of being a donor or a nobody

were they taking a picture of the ribbon cutting and asked you not to be in the frame? even that seems unprecedented

the key here is WHO pushed you aside

The person is in a very high position within the department. There's no point in saying exactly who it was as it won't accomplish anything. To be clear I made sure that the person giving us the tour, and then treating us like a mo-ped, (it's fun until your friends see you on it) knew that we weren't big donors.

As I've said many times, I don't expect or want any special attention or anything of that manor, but a smile in our general direction would be nice.

if you want President Genshaft to be that way with you, you can't sit back and wait for it to just happen. Go introduce yourself, maybe compliment her. Once she has met you, she remembers the face if not the name. She's as normal a person as they come. Last time I had any conversation with her, she was asking if I would take a picture for her (using her camera) with her two grandkids at some fan event.

One of the first times I met her was at the Pitt game in 2001 and she took a picture with our group.

I don't think it has anything to do with $

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard less than positive things about Bill McGillis though.

I've heard the same thing

I can't stand the guy.

• Content Count:  4,738

People actually go to ribbon cuttings?

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I was at the ribbon cutting ceremony and Judy came up and talked with my wife and me. Really sweet.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

if you want President Genshaft to be that way with you, you can't sit back and wait for it to just happen. Go introduce yourself, maybe compliment her. Once she has met you, she remembers the face if not the name. She's as normal a person as they come. Last time I had any conversation with her, she was asking if I would take a picture for her (using her camera) with her two grandkids at some fan event.

One of the first times I met her was at the Pitt game in 2001 and she took a picture with our group.

I don't think it has anything to do with $

Both her and Doug have been really personable any time I've seen them around. I'm not what you would consider an Iron Bull donor either.

• Content Count:  4,738

I donate because I love USF. Not because I think it gains me some kind of access to the program or people.

maybe they think you are smazza

Archived