• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Exasperating Bulls clearly more than a play or two away

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This past class will be a good one... and if we can hold our current class together.... we have made great strides at building some depth...

We need more guys like dre

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

More on post game from Adam at TBO:

But the mounting losses, now six in the last seven games for the Bulls, are becoming much tougher to handle. Junior running back Darrell Scott said after the game there was some bickering between players in the locker room, and the growing frustration also was clear on the face of Bulls coach Skip Holtz, who pointed the finger squarely at himself.

"I take it personal. I think that's why you get into coaching, because you think you make a difference," Holtz said. "I think it's too easy to point a finger at a player and say he didn't make a play, or he didn't do this or he didn't do that. When I keep saying we're four plays away from sitting here 9-1, I'm not pointing at the players … I'm four plays as a head coach from doing a better job.

"I think we've all got to accept responsibility and accountability, but it starts with me. I'm the head coach. That's where it starts, and I've got to do a better job of getting everybody on the same page."

In terms of preparation:

"Louisville was doing some good things on offense, but it wasn't nothing we haven't seen in practice," junior linebacker Sam Barrington said. "There's no reason that should happen."

Adversity does bring on certain things, but as Mr. Scott states, they'll come together and (I believe) likely emerge stronger.

"It was a tough time," senior offensive lineman Jeremiah Warren said. "We weren't all on the same page like we needed to be."

And that seemed to carry over to after the game, something that had not previously been the case.

"We were kind of bickering a little bit amongst each other. It's just, you know how you point fingers for turnovers and stuff," Scott said of the postgame locker room scene. "A lot of these guys aren't used to this losing streak we're having and all these losses.

"It's new for all of us. We just need to know how to handle this, and I think we will. We'll come together."

Another big letdown

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This kind of thing can either break a team up, causing them to not care, or bring them closer together, making them hungrier. Let's hope it's the latter.

• Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

Darrell Scott must have been used to bad seasons at Colorado. This would actually be a good season for them.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Skip absolutely has to make a change... somewhere...

You would think so, if he wants this team to improve I hope so.

The OC, the O-Line coach, and let Snyder call his aggressive plays. When he is forced to call that BS prevent stuff we lose.

Archived