• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

hah

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

seemed like more than that to me

Hard to believe we had that few come after so many tickets were distributed and had so many sitting up in both level threes and the end zones.

where are you getting your numbers Greg? The box score says 57572.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf8/799083.pdf?KEY=IJSZWULRGEGOXLC.20111119175347

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hard to believe we had that few come after so many tickets were distributed and had so many sitting up in both level threes and the end zones.

https://admin.xosn.c....20111119175347

The box score is tickets distributed. The number Greg gave is actual attendence. Lower deck was pretty near full, upper deck was about half full. That roughly equates to 48,000 in a 65,000 seat stadium.

57,000 tickets is a pretty darn good number for a program with USF's youth. UCF only distributed 48,000 for last year's game with Miami. We had that in actual attendance. UCF football has been around forty years or so.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

57,000 tickets is a pretty darn good number for a program with USF's youth. UCF only distributed 48,000 for last year's game with Miami. We had that in actual attendance. UCF football has been around forty years or so.

To be fair, UCF's stadium officially seats 45301, with a record attendance of 48453.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To be fair, UCF's stadium officially seats 45301, with a record attendance of 48453.

When it comes to UCF, we don't have to be fair.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

https://admin.xosn.c....20111119175347

The box score is tickets distributed. The number Greg gave is actual attendence. Lower deck was pretty near full, upper deck was about half full. That roughly equates to 48,000 in a 65,000 seat stadium.

I realize he is getting those numbers from the TSA count. It just felt like a bigger crowd to me and I've been to enough games to have a decent feel for that I would think by now.

anyway-- I wouldn't get too excited over how many tickets were distributed-- I ran into quite a few people who had complimentary tickets == i.e. tickets USF was not getting any revenue from. I could see them putting out about 5 or 10K of those to the military base and other groups since it was Wounded Warrior day.

All in all -- I was happy with the crowd we had and the only real bad thing that happened was losing the close game. Feel free to disagree with that and point out team flaws and whatever-- it was my take on the day. I had a good time-- better than I expected.

Archived