• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Boise all but gone to the Big East"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

http://voices.idahos...d_be_21_million

This is why Boise is waiting till '13

Now that's interesting. I like the idea they win out to get the highest BCS ranking posssible and then turn down the invite for a BCS bowl (or any bowl) which would lower the exit fee for this year to under $7M instead of $21M.

I can't think of any instance where a team should turn down a BCS bowl. Those opportunities don't present themselves that often. I would NEVER turn down an invite for that.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204

We don't want them to turn down a BCS Bowl. If they go to the dance and win against one of the big boys again, then it helps our conference in the long run.

One of the ideas of adding Boise State is to secure our AQ status in the next BCS contract. They've appeared in the Fiesta Bowl and won each time. An appearance this year with a win just strengthens their status as a lynchpin for the new conference.

It'd be great if both Boise State and Houston can win out and get BCS invites. That will largely depend on how well the big conferences do. The ACC and Big East will only send one rep each. SEC will get two. Not sure if the PAC-12 will. Stanford and Oregon have a shot of both going, but Oregon may stumble a couple of times over their last four games. Stanford's main stumbling block is Oregon. If they lose to the Ducks but the Ducks lose to USC or Washington then only one will go.

Big Ten has some potential, though they like to beat each other up.

And I could see the Sugar Bowl liking Houston. They'd be an easy draw for them and pull in the entire region the bowl surrounds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

We don't want them to turn down a BCS Bowl. If they go to the dance and win against one of the big boys again, then it helps our conference in the long run.

I don't think it would help all that much ... What counts toward the AQ stuff is the BCS rankings and the last one os before the bowl games.

• Content Count:  1,204

I don't think it would help all that much ... What counts toward the AQ stuff is the BCS rankings and the last one os before the bowl games.

It doesn't help the AQ status, you're right. But it helps public perception and continues to build up Boise State's cache. And that cache helps the whole conference. The qualifications for BCS AQ status may change with a new contract. If Boise State does well in a BCS bowl and, more importantly, is a TV draw then they help us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

It doesn't help the AQ status, you're right. But it helps public perception and continues to build up Boise State's cache. And that cache helps the whole conference. The qualifications for BCS AQ status may change with a new contract. If Boise State does well in a BCS bowl and, more importantly, is a TV draw then they help us.

True .... but the more important question is, will the new conference lost style points for that god awful blue field?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think that we can get BYU now that we have Boise State, Air Force, and Navy... also ESPN Radio is reporting that Notre Dame was key in getting Boise and Navy to agree to join the conference. Not sure if that is true or not.

If it is then perhaps Notre Dame can lure BYU into the conference as well... in my view the new Big East looks much better then the old one... even without WV.

EAST DIVISION:

- USF

- UCF

- Rutgers

- UConn

- Navy

- *Army (Most likely addition)

- * Crap Shoot - Temple, Memphis, Tulane, Temple, or ECU

WEST DIVISION:

- SMU

- Houston

- Natti

- Louisville

- Boise State

- Air Force

- * BYU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I think that we can get BYU now that we have Boise State, Air Force, and Navy... also ESPN Radio is reporting that Notre Dame was key in getting Boise and Navy to agree to join the conference. Not sure if that is true or not.

If it is then perhaps Notre Dame can lure BYU into the conference as well.

I wish ND would lure themselves to the BE FB side.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://voices.idahos...d_be_21_million

This is why Boise is waiting till '13

The same reason why UCF and the rest are also waiting till 2013... scheduling issues... Big East teams have teams to play next year just as these teams do.

However I would not rule out one of the teams, perhaps Navy or Air Force joining next season... I don't see the CUSA bunch joining early though...

Archived