• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last WVU game at RJS...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

reported that WVU is playing for the B12 starting 2012 season... last chance at them. What kind of back room deal was made for this? my guess, some sort of AQ guarantee for the BE???

well see...

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

but Chef Boyar Dee said in his statement that the Big East is going to enforce the 27 month notice requirement... hmmmm.

• Content Count:  145

I'll be there.

• Content Count:  1,204

reported that WVU is playing for the B12 starting 2012 season... last chance at them. What kind of back room deal was made for this? my guess, some sort of AQ guarantee for the BE???

well see...

My guess is that there will be a backroom deal with the SEC, ACC, and Big XII to prevent future litigation over the alignments (the SEC has some liability for the Big XII raiding our conference and can be named in suit) that will guarantee their support for the Big East's AQ status through at least 2018. That's a guess, but I think written affirmations of this will be a part and the conferences could also pressure ESPN and Fox to provide support for BCS status.

I think we'll let Pitt, Cuse, and WVU go IF we can get Air Force, Boise State, Navy, and BYU on board for next year. That would give us the same number as we were planning on for next year @ 9 teams. Unless a deal is reached over the MWC and CUSA merger to happen next year, I'd expect Houston, UCF, and SMU to move over in 2013 UNLESS that merger happens. If it does then I think we go to 12 next year and let all the other teams shift next season.

If we don't do that then the Big XII will be unhappy with an uneven schedule and extra costs due to the need to schedule another game. The Big East can enforce the 27 month rule. We have to agree to let teams out sooner, so now that motion has stopped in the SEC and Big XII I expect us to finalize plans and iron things out.

I think we'd like to ideally move on. Boise St and BYU will help secure AQ status. Looks like Houston will help us with their play this year. And if we secure a guarantee of AQ status for a sustained period of time then we have a chance to build the league up. Boise State, Houston, SMU, UCF, and BYU will be able to get better recruits with an automatic BCS bid dangling. Boise State has already done well and will get more depth. Houston is getting ready to grow in a big way with a new stadium coming playing in the heart of a massive city. SMU in Dallas is also a plus with their new stadium.

I think we also may look at encouraging Nova to move up to strengthen Philly for football and then look to Memphis as our 14th team.

Archived