• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's new 320K Bill a year...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

there was also another rule passed that says schools can now offer multi year scholarships. this has been overlooked and i believe it will help schools like ours to recruit against the SEC schools who love to over sign and then cut kids after a year or two. they might think twice about signing with bama for 1 year when we can offer 4. if bama does give them a 4 year then saban won't be able to turn over his roster which gives him a competitive advantage. this rule change is huge. bama and the SEC west in particular has been taking advantage of the 1 year rule as most coaches won't actually cut kids they make a commitment to.

here is the espn excerpt

• Individual schools can choose to award multiyear scholarships. Scholarships may not be revoked based on athletic performance.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7156548/ncaa-panel-approves-major-scholarship-rules-changes

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

there was also another rule passed that says schools can now offer multi year scholarships. this has been overlooked and i believe it will help schools like ours to recruit against the SEC schools who love to over sign and then cut kids after a year or two. they might think twice about signing with bama for 1 year when we can offer 4. if bama does give them a 4 year then saban won't be able to turn over his roster which gives him a competitive advantage. this rule change is huge. bama and the SEC west in particular has been taking advantage of the 1 year rule as most coaches won't actually cut kids they make a commitment to.

here is the espn excerpt

• Individual schools can choose to award multiyear scholarships. Scholarships may not be revoked based on athletic performance.

http://espn.go.com/c...p-rules-changes

I think this is going to be a much bigger deal than the $2,000 stipend.

here is the espn excerpt

I think so too. there are unscrupulous coaches who just chew through recruits. sign a bunch of high star kids and if they don't work out then cut them to find space for more. this is why alabama , auburn and lsu basically have all star teams. they go through 115 players every 4 years. that's for 85 spots and that doesn't include red shirts. it's disgusting really and i think this is a great new rule.

here is the espn excerpt

I think so too. there are unscrupulous coaches who just chew through recruits. sign a bunch of high star kids and if they don't work out then cut them to find space for more. this is why alabama , auburn and lsu basically have all star teams. they go through 115 players every 4 years. that's for 85 spots and that doesn't include red shirts. it's disgusting really and i think this is a great new rule.

The Alabama's of the college football world will likely still get elite players on 1 year scholarships. Maybe not as many, but it may not hurt them much. It has more possibility to cripple schools that need to give 5 year scholarships to get players.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm so tired of the "we should pay athletes" talk. They already get full scholarships, most get additional financial aid, free books, free tutors, and some have other scholarships they earned (bright futures that may pay their entire tuition, etc.). When a student has extra money from scholarships and grants leftover after paying tuition and room and board (if they live on campus) the money gets given directly to them. Some of these athletes are getting back over $10,000 a semester. They do not need another $2,000. if they need extra money they can take out loans like I did and millions of regular students have to every year throughout the country.

i guess you were said when slavery ended

here is the espn excerpt

as it should be

the talent should get most of the money

head coaches are way over paid for the most part

few make a difference

nick saban makes a difference

usf hasnt not had a difference maker

here is the espn excerpt

The Alabama's of the college football world will likely still get elite players on 1 year scholarships. Maybe not as many, but it may not hurt them much. It has more possibility to cripple schools that need to give 5 year scholarships to get players.

they will still get their share but they will now lose some too. imagine if you're a parent and alabama offers 1 year and USF offers 4 years guaranteed. that makes you think twice about sending your kid to bama. nobody will have to give 5 years. even western kentucky will be able to sign kids to 1 year deals. most of the kids they get now aren't offered anywhere better than western kentucky now anyway.

this rule helps those at the bottom compete better with those at the top.

I'm so tired of the "we should pay athletes" talk. They already get full scholarships, most get additional financial aid, free books, free tutors, and some have other scholarships they earned (bright futures that may pay their entire tuition, etc.). When a student has extra money from scholarships and grants leftover after paying tuition and room and board (if they live on campus) the money gets given directly to them. Some of these athletes are getting back over $10,000 a semester. They do not need another $2,000. if they need extra money they can take out loans like I did and millions of regular students have to every year throughout the country.

I think being sad over slaves getting a cost of living stipend that didn't cover cost of living would be more appropriate. They're already getting free room, board, and professional work experience.

• Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

C'mon...are you on Adrian Peterson's payroll? That really was uncalled for.

+1,000,000

Just curious, but do either of you have any hard facts about ALL the scholarship athletes having all this extra money every semester? ..... Sound like a big case of sour grapes. Bottom line is the NCAA is trying to somewhat clear it's conscience about the billions of dollars' being made off of these athletes.

hahahaha

kids are about to sue them

and schools are thinking about dumping ncaa

Archived