• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should we go Independent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

last time I checked we have a better record OOC.  therefore, each game should be OOC.  derp.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What would going independent do for you?  At least if we go 6 -6 we go to a bowl and another month of football.  Go 6-6 as an independent and you get to watch a 6-6 UCF on tv.  People forget we went 9-2 one year as an independent and didn't go to a bowl game.  Is that what we want to return to?  How many 4 or 5 star guys will you bring in as an independent?  You think things would spiral downward if we went to a lesser conference?  Just try it as an independent. We don't have a strong enough drawing power to do anything significant as an independent.  Your overall schedule, outside of one or two games a year would be crap, but you would have a winning record. 

Sorry, the thought of a 9-2 record against a schedule of teams like North Texas, FAU, FIU, etc doesn't excite me too much. 

Becoming independent now won't be like it was back then.  Better teams won't be in such a rush to add us to their schedule now that we have beaten some better teams.  Back then we were the paid patsy.  The easy win on the schedule for cash.  Now we would be a threat. 

I also don't see us getting on national tv too much without the conference affiliation/rivalries.  The networks will continue to put a mediocre USC team on Thursday nights like last week over a mediocre independent with no tradition like we would become.

I see no benefit in being independent.  We have nothing to offer anyone and we move down the drain of irrelevance deeper than our stellar basketball program.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

What would going independent do for you?  At least if we go 6 -6 we go to a bowl and another month of football.  Go 6-6 as an independent and you get to watch a 6-6 UCF on tv.  People forget we went 9-2 one year as an independent and didn't go to a bowl game.  Is that what we want to return to?  How many 4 or 5 star guys will you bring in as an independent?  You think things would spiral downward if we went to a lesser conference?  Just try it as an independent. We don't have a strong enough drawing power to do anything significant as an independent.  Your overall schedule, outside of one or two games a year would be crap, but you would have a winning record. 

Sorry, the thought of a 9-2 record against a schedule of teams like North Texas, FAU, FIU, etc doesn't excite me too much. 

Becoming independent now won't be like it was back then.  Better teams won't be in such a rush to add us to their schedule now that we have beaten some better teams.  Back then we were the paid patsy.  The easy win on the schedule for cash.  Now we would be a threat. 

I also don't see us getting on national tv too much without the conference affiliation/rivalries.  The networks will continue to put a mediocre USC team on Thursday nights like last week over a mediocre independent with no tradition like we would become.

I see no benefit in being independent.  We have nothing to offer anyone and we move down the drain of irrelevance deeper than our stellar basketball program.

We have a basketball program?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Surely you saw that this post was made with tongue in cheek, right? 

Archived