• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the official "start Eveld" thread..........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld couldn't have a worse win % in Big East play this year than BJ does.

Either the coaches need to change the offense or they need to change the players in the offense because what they have now is clearly not working.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Eveld couldn't have a worse win % in Big East play this year than BJ does.

Either the coaches need to change the offense or they need to change the players in the offense because what they have now is clearly not working.

He already does.......

How does Eveld have a worse win % than BJ THIS YEAR???  Last time I checked you can't be worse than 0.0%

The numbers as a starter should speak for themselves, you know when he **** the bed against Uconn last season.  You can place your own qualifiers on it all you want but Eveld played worse than BJ did today against Uconn last year and we got the same result. Also his numbers against FAMU and Ball State should tell you something, that is if you weren't cherry picking your sample size.....

• Content Count:  2,277

OK, so who really cares which QB sucks the most...  They both suck and aren't of the caliber needed to take this team to the next level.  Am I the only one who watches other games on TV and sees QBs easily throwing 20/30/40 yard passes down the field and hitting the receivers in the hands in stride and wonder "Man, why can't USF have a QB that can throw like that on a consistent basis?"  Every time I see BJ pull his arm back to throw I hold my breath.  Is it going to hit the receiver's feet, sail way over his head, be a jump ball of one receiver against 2 defenders, or actually be a catchable ball for the receiver?  BJ is a great playmaker and quick on his feet, but when it comes to throwing (especially more than 5/10 yards) he just doesn't have the skills needed to be a good reliable QB.

OK, so who really cares which QB sucks the most...  They both suck and aren't of the caliber needed to take this team to the next level.  Am I the only one who watches other games on TV and sees QBs easily throwing 20/30/40 yard passes down the field and hitting the receivers in the hands in stride and wonder "Man, why can't USF have a QB that can throw like that on a consistent basis?"  Every time I see BJ pull his arm back to throw I hold my breath.  Is it going to hit the receiver's feet, sail way over his head, be a jump ball of one receiver against 2 defenders, or actually be a catchable ball for the receiver?  BJ is a great playmaker and quick on his feet, but when it comes to throwing (especially more than 5/10 yards) he just doesn't have the skills needed to be a good reliable QB.

No one on the roster has even showed hints of performing at a higher level this season.....

This year is this year and our current quarterback is lost on the field.  The offense has no identity.  Are we a passing team, a running team, a team that runs to set up the pass or a team that passes to set up the run?  Right now I am not sure that our coaches know the answer and our qb doesn't know what to do with the ball when the plays are called and he reads the defense in the pre-snap.  Somehow they better figure it out pretty fast because the season isn't going to stop while they try to find the answers.

This year is this year and our current quarterback is lost on the field.  The offense has no identity.  Are we a passing team, a running team, a team that runs to set up the pass or a team that passes to set up the run?  Right now I am not sure that our coaches know the answer and our qb doesn't know what to do with the ball when the plays are called and he reads the defense in the pre-snap.  Somehow they better figure it out pretty fast because the season isn't going to stop while they try to find the answers.

Sounds like a coaching/playcalling problem to me. 

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I also just want to point out that this thread is encouraging Holtz to start a guy who has thrown ZERO TDs, 3 INTs, and has a 52.2% Completion percentage in garbage time against terrible opponents this season.....

My point exactly. 

So far this year,

Eveld has been the WORST quarterback I have ever seen

Sorry- Eveld and Eveld alone gave us the win at MIAMI. Say what you will about him, but I'll never call him the worst QB I've ever seen. That win was huge in our backyard/state. Same with BJ beating Florida State. Coach L was correct that to be considered with those teams in the state we have to beat them. We werent gonna beat Miami with BJ that year. It just wasnt gonna happen.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

ok so tell me why BJ is a better option than Floyd?

hey smart guy, YOU made this thread, it's YOUR job to provide some solid, empirical evidence to support your argument that either Eveld or Floyd should start over BJ.

thus far all you've given us is this rhetorical, hypothetical horse **** because you've got NOTHING tangible upon which to base your argument.

the reason for that is nothing more than a fan with a low football IQ looking for any scapegoat to blame for a loss.

this isn't a "start Eveld" or a "start Floyd" thread, this is a "trash BJ" thread. if that's what you're gonna do, go ahead and do it... but don't be a cheap little troll and hide behind Eveld or Floyd to do it.

Archived