• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Dumbgeon

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

There have been requests to bring back "The Dumbgeon" a special board for discussion of USF-UCF competition (for lack of a better word).

It was closed after USF kicked the crap out of UCiF four games to none, effectively ending all the UCiF speculation they would win a game ("could win if" is another story altogether).

The last post in The Dumbgeon was October 07, 2007, 07:54:56 AM.

It was a semi-private board for which you actually had to request access. Why?  It was unmoderated and not something we wanted open to viewing by the grazing public.

What are your thoughts?  Bring it back for nostalgiac reasons?  Bring it back because we know adding UCiF will save the Big East?  Or keep it buried in the scrap heap of history?

Back in the day, it did keep the USF-UCF banter emanating from MouseTown to one board and off the Main Board.  We dould direct that imminent tide of UCF talk to the State of Florida board, but that's not really what we want there either.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You already know my thoughts on this one.......

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

"IF" UCF does get added to the Big East, I think you're going to have no choice but to bring it back.  If we all thought things were bad back then, it will just be tuned up even more with both of us in the same conference. 

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

"IF" UCF does get added to the Big East, I think you're going to have no choice but to bring it back.   If we all thought things were bad back then, it will just be tuned up even more with both of us in the same conference. 

^

This

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Besides,

Just about 95% of all posts on the main board in the last 2 weeks have degraded and morphed into threads about UCiF.  If you don't bring back the dumbgeon, the main board will continue to decline further into dumbgeonhood.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

"IF" UCF does get added to the Big East, I think you're going to have no choice but to bring it back.   If we all thought things were bad back then, it will just be tuned up even more with both of us in the same conference. 

^

This

+2

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I would bring it back so that all UCiF messages can be put into that area.  I think their fans are jerks. Just look at the nasty language on their blog.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I would prefer it never be brought back.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

UCF talk should die down after the Big East passes on UCF and invites Boise State, Houston, Navy, and SMU instead. USF should do everything to block UCF, and push for other candidates.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wait until UCF is in the Big East before reopening the dumbgeon.  If UCF doesn't get in, the UCF banter will fade away quickly. 

Archived