• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky Jean-Francois still undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

From what ive heard he likes LSU he is also a very good track athlete and wants to that also,his father and mother want him to go to USF.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

whats the rush for him?  there is absolutely no difference in him signing yesterday or signing in a week or so.  Its not like training camp and he is holding out.  

Exactly !

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not yet

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Story getting more bizzare every day...

Top Defensive End Remains Undecided Between USF, LSU

Published: Feb 5, 2005

TAMPA - Miami Carol City's Ricky Jean- Francois, rated the nation's No. 3 defensive end, still remains uncertain whether to sign with South Florida or LSU.

Jean-Francois' father, Celhomme, said Thursday night his son had not signed with either school and gave no timetable when he would do so.

Jean-Francois and his parents met Thursday with Carol City coach Walt Frazier, but nothing was settled.

``That's a three-headed monster,'' Frazier said. ``The family's not in agreement on everything. This is something they will have to sort out. I don't know exactly what the issues are. I do know they're not on the same page.''

Frazier said he told the family he will not influence Jean- Francois or tell them his favorite. ``I told them I'm not getting involved,'' Frazier said.

Celhomme Jean-Francois said Wednesday night he would not allow his son to attend LSU and that he wanted his son to go to USF.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB7Z42XR4E.html

Guest 19usf96

I might be one of the few who feels this way but the more I see this RJF situation the more I don't want him. In today's Trib his HS coach mentions that the family is split about where he goes to school.  It is obvious that he doesn't want to come to USF, if they force him he might leave within a year or two.  Do we want to possibly waste a scholarship on him?  He is also borderline academically, which will begin counting toward the universities in the future ('06).  I say, let him go and pick up one or two highly touted defensive ends in next year's class, after we have a monster breakout season paired with a bowl win.......from the minority, USF96

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

his situation aside, #3 DE in the COUNTRY, bring him in

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

I say momma knows best.  If she says USF then it's USF, If she say LSU, then never mind.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I have spoken with him and he is a nice kid, he is torn on the decision because he is also a very good track athlete and LSU's track program is very good.As for academics what ive heard is that he will qualify.This is a big decision for this kid and his family so they deserve to think it thru. USF can wait for him if we get him he will be our higherst ranked recruit EVER in football.