• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky Jean-Francois still undecided?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Miami would be more difficult for him to get into...  he can just barely get into a state school.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Miami would be more difficult for him to get into...  he can just barely get into a state school.

Are Miami's standards really that high?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Are Miami's standards really that high?

yes for the reg students

they play around with the athletes standards

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

bulls96

thats a tough one

i think a lot of that has to do with the maturity of the kid and not the school.

there are plenty of places to party in Tampa and if a kid wants to find trouble they can do it anywhere it doesnt have to be at um or uf as your friends did.....

though i am glad you attended usf and are a supporter of our fine university.

my main point was i thought i knew that um or uf was better what my parents saw was a much more caring and supportive enviroment at usf that would give me a "better" chance at staying out of trouble and suceeding. and the proximity they could be there more often to help provide more presence and parental guidence.

also do you know you can walk into any supermarket in lousiana and be served/sampled wine or beer in a cup. that is a powerful influence to fight as a parent from flying distance as opposed to driving distance.

also usf is building a program and cannot "afford" for a great player to come and "fail" so we will invest much more effort to keep him on the straight and narrow. i would almost bet that the parents had a sitdown with jl that he would let them know the minite the kid as much as looked crosseyed at him. these parents care for this kid more than his football career and he would do well to heed their advise and defer to them at this jucture of his life.

when i asked my dad at age 25 how did he knew to insist on usf he said two things

1. he had lived longer than me and he used that experience to make that decision

2. then he asked me a simple question. Can you argue with the results?

i look back at that decision with all that i have accomplished since then and without a doubt i know it was one of the more critical decisions to my current success.

they are parents for a reason, few can see it at age 18.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

From Today's St Pete Times:

Read down the article...mentions RJF and where is "might" be headed now.

Fisher arrested again, charged with driving on suspended license

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published February 5, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - Former USF football star Brian Fisher was arrested for the fourth time in 11 months Thursday, charged with a felony count of driving with a suspended license as a habitual offender and a misdemeanor count of giving a false name to an officer.

Fisher, who is attending Hillsborough Community College with the hope of returning to USF this fall, was released on $2,500 bond early Friday morning. USF's offensive MVP in 2003, he left the program last summer after multiple arrests relating to nonpayment of child support.

While his return remains unlikely, Bulls coach Jim Leavitt said he hasn't ruled it out, providing he clears up his problems.

"If he gets all his academic work done, I told him we would sit down then and discuss whether to go forward from there," said Leavitt, who was unaware of the arrest.

Leavitt also said he might allow receiver Darren Haliburton to return in the spring, though not on scholarship.

Haliburton spent three months in jail last spring after he pleaded guilty to two counts of battery, including one noted as domestic violence, and trespassing. He was arrested in September 2003, accused of battery on a pregnant ex-girlfriend in two separate campus incidents. He remains on probation, and has been enrolled at USF since last fall. He would have two years of eligibility remaining if reinstated.

"Coach Leavitt has told me that if I came back, my next mistake would be my last mistake," Haliburton said last month. "Darren Haliburton isn't going to make any more mistakes, and you can write that down."

USF LOSES PRIZED RECRUIT: USF had hoped to bolster its recruiting class by adding coveted defensive end Ricky Jean-Francois of Miami Carol City, but he appears to be headed to LSU. "He came into my office and asked for his scholarship papers for LSU," Carol City coach Walt Frazier said. "He said he was going to sign with LSU (Friday)." LSU and USF did not report any new signees.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

i guess you missed the second part that he returned awhile latter and gave it back to coach because he still wasnt sure and will have to wait until monday for decision

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

But a good enough INCOMPLETE story for those that want to report negative news related to USF ;D

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The longer this goes, the better chance we have.