• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let The QB Controversy begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Well... I love Hill's breakaway ability... but Grothe throws a nice ball and can move also. I'm leaning towards Grothe... if he can put the ball downfield, Andre Hall will have a huge season and teams definitely won't be able to throw eight and nine in the box like last season. We have a huge height advantage on most teams at receiver... This season could show a lot of upside if one of the three QB's takes the horse by the reigns. I don't think Pat can get it done for us... great team player... but we need someone that can step it up with the big boys.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

When its all said and done, can we have a People's Champion Belt made and get the QB holding it above his head for a picture for the message board. It would make for HOF material!

My roommates made me watch the Royal Rumble the other night... I forgot how much I missed wrestling until then!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I want the best qualified player to start.  Since we won't know who that is until all four of them have a chance to compete for the position, I reserve my vote.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I'll probably get run off the board for saying this, but I want Julmiste to start.  He can make all the throws and if he keeps improving in the spring and fall, he has the experience and will give us the best chance to win.  

Redshirt Hill and Grothe.  If Denson is as great an athlete as advertised, then find a spot for him at DB, WR, or RB.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Poor Pat :(

NAM37

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

after going to Beef's and hearing JL talk up Denson, i'm going with well...Denson

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

I gotta say that I am thrilled with the additions of Grothe and Hill. If I had to say now who I think should start I would say Denson. He has had a year to learn the system and as much as I love PJ's heart and dedication I just dont see him leading us anywhere. And now with the receiving corps we have we need a guy who can throw, so Grothe I think has best chance of the Freshman. With Hall we are gonna need to use the play action more to open up the passing game especially for peyton, chambers, and now Taurus the Bull! Anyways Hill will be awesome in time, but I give nod to Denson with Grothe having best chance of the freshman!

Great Day for Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I'll probably get run off the board for saying this, but I want Julmiste to start.  He can make all the throws and if he keeps improving in the spring and fall, he has the experience and will give us the best chance to win.  

Redshirt Hill and Grothe.  If Denson is as great an athlete as advertised, then find a spot for him at DB, WR, or RB.

Please leave now.   j/k

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I will hold back my vote until after the spring game when I can see them all on display.  The exciting thing is that I dont even think we need our QB to lead this offense, with the talent we have returning at WR and the great haul of WR's we landed in this recruiting class we have a ton of talent.  Not to mention the great running game provided by Hall, and with CJL recruiting several TE's is shows me that he is committed to having a more balanced offense, most likely running the ball and passing out of the play action more often.  

Which to me means that whomever starts at QB this year does not have to carry this team.  I think it will be much like Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh.  If we can get a QB to just complete his passes, we can rely on our talent at WR and the running game to make big plays.  And of course as the season progresses and the QB comes more into his own, he can make things happen.  But I really believe with the talen coming in on offense we dont have to put a ton of pressure on the QB unlike in years past.