• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

About seating in the SUNDOME

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Velcro,

You crack me up sometimes. Who in the hell is going to want to be a donor to USF basketball right now?? I would be surprised if USF has that many BIG FISH donors like you say. Noone likes a losing program like USF is right now. If there is demand (which I seriously doubt) then they will take care of their donors with the suites. Right now, the students are really the only ones that are showing they care about the program.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

First of all - I think it is safe to assume the suites will probably subtract seats from the current configuration...meaning there may likely be people impacted by the renovation and have to move.

Secondly, I do not doubt for a moment that we will be able to sell suites.  I can think of a few corporations that are very supportive of USF Basketball and, for the dollars they are forking over, would certainly like to acquire a suite.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Not based on inside info or anything but I will guarantee the suites will go in at mid level on the side opposite benches.  They will be for $5,000 or $10,000 and up donors.  The lower bowl will not be changed.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

That was my thinking as well regarding location - I have no idea on price...

Are you suggesting the suites might be used as an added feature for current donors at a specific level instead of new feature to sell?  I would think the suites would be sold independent of the current donor base...and go out to those that on-top of current donations want to "buy a suite."

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

BB2k... you make it too easy sometimes...

Our season ticket sales in the lower area are 99% sold out.  We have many BIG FISH donors, and many people are basketball donors... as these tickets have been pretty much sold out for a long time.

Who the hell is going to donate to basketball?  maybe not you, but i sure do.  I had basketball season tickets the moment i graduated.  I did get football tickets slightly there after, but basketball will always be my first love.  I am not alone here.

I applaud the students lately...they are making a good showing, thanks to the SBC... but the donors are still donating, whether they are in the seat or not.  You have a very myopic view of how things run.   In a way i'm glad i'm not the first one to jump on you for you "ATTEMPTING" to call me out without knowing what you are talking about.  It allows me to relax and laugh a bit.  ;D ;D

I still dont believe the support is there right now.  And I seriously doubt 99% of the lower bowl is sold out. I think that is just some myth or something. I sure noticed a lot of empty seats down there during the Cincy game. That was a big game, so why didnt those people show up?? Maybe Brad is right in that they also have football tickets too. But you know what, the support for the football is not too good either. I will believe it when I see it is what I am saying.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom Line: all those vacant seats? They are paid for by long time donors.  Some of those boys have been writing checks since day one. They may not show up, but they paid for that seat and access to the Green-n-Gold room.

Next year when we have some high-caliber teams coming to the dome, those seats will be occupied.  Wanna sit there? Call USF and inquire as to the availability of those seats. All you have to do is write a check...there might be a couple of openings down that way.

As for why they didn't show up for the Cincy game...because there are finite number of times you are going to watch the home team get waxed before the novelty wears off. The fact that they've continued to support the Bulls by opening their wallets through all of these abysmal seasons is admirable.  Don't worry about the lower bowl not filling....up. Just try to fill the available seats as is.

I think the only time I ever had to sit in my ticket-assigned seat was the FSU game and the Florida game. Ever since then, I've been able to pretty much pick-n-choose.

Are some of those donors on their death bed or something?? USF has played some good teams in the past such as UL and Cincy. Where were they then?? I say those donor sell those tickets back to USF for about $5 a piece then USF can sell them back to either casual fans or donate them to students. Something needs to be done with the lower bowl on both sides of the so-called donor levels.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

BB2000 - call and inquire about lower level tickets and you'll find that you can't get a set of 4 together and more than likely not more than 2.  The lower bowl is more than 90% sold out.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Eric Soncrant mentioned, and correct me if i'm wrong here Eric, that there were something like 6 lower level seats remaining in the "big donor" area... and that was 2 or 3 months ago!  In the area i sit in, there are a few openings, but those seats are used mainly as comp seats for players family (home endzone area).

if there are 900 "big donor seats" across the way from the benches, and 6 are left...you do the math.

And the ones behind the away bench i believe are sold out too... so that is another 200-250 seats.  

So don't believe the 99%?  Think it is some myth... you can find out the truth very easily as everyone has mentioned... a simple phone call.