• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS donation poll

Over a 10 year span, I am willing to donate a total of  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

What advantage am I getting by donating?  That would clearly determine my decision to donate or not to donate.   Who knows if I will even be around 10 years from now to enjoy it.

:nope

Again, to donate it would presume that I want an OCS.  Based on what I have seen with other schools (think UCF) I am not willing to donate tons of money for a stadium that is considerably inferior to our current option. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

What advantage am I getting by donating?  That would clearly determine my decision to donate or not to donate.   Who knows if I will even be around 10 years from now to enjoy it.

Again, to donate it would presume that I want an OCS.  Based on what I have seen with other schools (think UCF) I am not willing to donate tons of money for a stadium that is considerably inferior to our current option.   

I think the point was more to the effect of if you're not going to donate that's fine... but keep the comments to the proper thread.

• Content Count:  8,044

I would tend to agree.  If the proposed stadium were anything like the mickey mouse erector set UCF has, I wouldn't donate a dime.  If the stadium were nearly as nice as Ray Jay, I could do 1k a year or possible more.

I don't care much about an OCS and like our current digs.  Location, comfort, beer, and all.   So not a huge fan.

I guess my answer is "depends".  What advantage am I getting by donating?  That would clearly determine my decision to donate or not to donate.   Who knows if I will even be around 10 years from now to enjoy it.

But it needs to happen. We raised taxes half a penny for the Bucs come years back, with that being written on a bill to improved the Tampa community. Do it for USF, would not need nearly as much and our city could use some work.

I believe the Institution could elect to  sell beer, someone correct me if I am wrong.  West Virginia is doing it.

If this type of fund does actually open up, what fans want out of this stadium has to be #1 over anything else.

Trying to be sensitive to the hijacking comment by Ricky, but think I need to address the points.  

First of all, we don’t NEED an OCS, though some may DESIRE one.  We have made it 14 years in a top 5 stadium, so NEED is a very subjective term.

Second, tax payers paid for a community stadium that is mostly benefiting the bucs.  Doubt taxpayers are going to agree to a stadium on USF’s campus too.  We’d be in it on our own.  Think $350M to $400M for a decent stadium we could all agree on.

Third, most likely the project would go to a national builder with stadium experience, so at minimum the profits would go out of state.  May employ “some†people locally but also likely to have a lot of people from out of area.

I think the point was more to the effect of if you're not going to donate that's fine... but keep the comments to the proper thread.

I did put it in the proper thread.  I submitted to the OCS Donation Poll Thread, and commented on why or why not I would donate to an OCS fund drive.  My response was right on the topic.  Whether you agree with my response or not, is a different issue (maybe better for the mad cow).  But I believe my response was in the correct thread.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Well we would need donors like you to help us from having to build an inferior stadium (think UCF). 

For the sake of this thread, let's assume USF released some conceptuals that you were pleased with.  Beer would flow, but you had to be a member of Bulls Beer Club, and only those that donated to the stadium fund could be a member.  >:D On top of that, you got a nice brick at the grand entrance to the stadium with your name on it. 

How much would you donate?

Well we would need donors like you to help us from having to build an inferior stadium (think UCF). 

For the sake of this thread, let's assume USF released some conceptuals that you were pleased with.  Beer would flow, but you had to be a member of Bulls Beer Club, and only those that donated to the stadium fund could be a member.  >:D On top of that, you got a nice brick at the grand entrance to the stadium with your name on it. 

How much would you donate?

Would still be a year by year decision.  But the more they throw at it, and if they are definitely going OCS, the more I would donate. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

asking fans to donate  for such a facility is insane

football program needs to be able to generate funds or state should build it

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, boosters contributing funds to build athletic facilities is ridiculous. Totally unheard of.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442

I think you've finally fallen off the edge Steve.... the state?? LOL....

Archived