• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you can only win one, ND or Pitt?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, SRQ, but I think this is a prime example of looking at things through green and gold glasses ... "A program that has had as many significant individual game wins as USF has had"?? The FSU and UM wins had a lot more significance to us than the rest of the nation, where basically they were looked at as losses that led to their coaches' ouster ... and even if you do count them, I don't think 3 significant individual game wins elevates a program all that much that hasn't even won their not very respected BCS conference's title. We don't have that many significant individual ooc games on our schedule in the immediate future, so we need every bit of attention that winning these type games give us ... 6-1 has a great chance of winning the BE, and if not, there's next year. There is no next year for Notre Dame.

Wow Trip; you made the point better than I ever could have.  Winning our conference is the primary measuring stick for this team, as your reference makes so clear!

Wow, SRQ, let me know when going 1-6 wins the conference ...

Trip, I've never seen you learn anything on this board; your answer is always the only correct point of view, enjoy it.  Out

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Beating Pitt gets us one win closer to winning the Big East.

Beating ND gets us one win closer to being the little engine that could beat the Big guy, but can't even come in 3rd place in their "weak ass" conference.

If the question was "Is ND the biggest OOC game on schedule?" I might answer yes. But Big East games are all more important until we win it and win a BCS bowl game.

Until then we are still small time, or at least medium time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Sorry, SRQ, but I think this is a prime example of looking at things through green and gold glasses ... "A program that has had as many significant individual game wins as USF has had"?? The FSU and UM wins had a lot more significance to us than the rest of the nation, where basically they were looked at as losses that led to their coaches' ouster ... and even if you do count them, I don't think 3 significant individual game wins elevates a program all that much that hasn't even won their not very respected BCS conference's title. We don't have that many significant individual ooc games on our schedule in the immediate future, so we need every bit of attention that winning these type games give us ... 6-1 has a great chance of winning the BE, and if not, there's next year. There is no next year for Notre Dame.

Wow Trip; you made the point better than I ever could have.  Winning our conference is the primary measuring stick for this team, as your reference makes so clear!

Wow, SRQ, let me know when going 1-6 wins the conference ...

Trip, I've never seen you learn anything on this board; your answer is always the only correct point of view, enjoy it.  Out

I learn stuff all the time, SRQ ... THIS is an opinion and you're presenting your side and I'm presenting mine. Neither one of us is right or wrong ... but don't get pissy just because you can't tell me how we can win the Big East with a 1-6 record.  ;)

Archived