• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"You work for the Bucs? Well have a seat my name in Chris Hansen."

Guest nybullsfan

Whatever it takes to these SICK F**KS off the streets. I have a teenage daughter and nieces. Do whatever it take.

"whatever it takes"?

Even if it means trampling on the Constitution?

I agree they are probably very SICK FUCKS (oh, and BTW, go ahead and spell it out - that's what the censor filter is for. Folks that don't care will see it, folks that do, won't)

But in this country we are innocent until proven guilty, and IMO, entrapment and enticement by the LEO is over the line

The endgame of entrapment was captured in the Orwellian Newspeak words/phrases of "thoughtcrime" and "crimethink"

Putting someone in jail for what they MIGHT do is not the American way.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

They didn't "entice" the predators to break the law.  It's just the same as speeding - the cop hiding behind a bush or fence waiting for the speeder to race by didn't make the driver speed.  These cops set up phony identities and the predators come to them, not the other way around. 

The undercover cop "prostitutes," "drug dealers," etc. didn't MAKE anyone break the law.  They were already doing committing the crime.  Sometimes going undercover and putting yourself in a situation to catch someone in the act is the only way you get a criminal. 

If you have a kid, especially a daughter, you feel good about these stings catching these sick perverts.  The more that are off the street and in prison, the less I have to worry about my daughter falling prey to them. 

I am firmly against the idea of entrapment, but I don't think "entrapment" applies in this sense.  Obviously if it did, a good criminal defense attorney would have won a huge case for someone by now.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not to mention too, that in some states, for prostitution, a financial transaction is all they need to arrest.  In some states, a sexually suggestive e-mail to a person that states they are underage is a felony.  These cops aren't stupid, especially the ones that are portrayed on TV - they will usually go by the book to catch a criminal. 

Guest nybullsfan

Not to mention too, that in some states, for prostitution, a financial transaction is all they need to arrest.  In some states, a sexually suggestive e-mail to a person that states they are underage is a felony.  These cops aren't stupid, especially the ones that are portrayed on TV - they will usually go by the book to catch a criminal. 

That's my point - IMO the "book" is wrong by allowing this type of enticement, even if it doesn't meet the current legal definition of entrapment.

Yes, getting sick motherfuckers off the streets is a good thing, but allowing this kind of police work is a bad thing. What it all comes down to is, which is worse? And the answer depend on how much latitude we give the LEO's. You have to draw the line somewhere, so let's continue to talk about where it goes.

Don't ever stop challenging authority, or you will become the one to be challenged...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

Whatever it takes to these SICK F**KS off the streets. I have a teenage daughter and nieces. Do whatever it take.

"whatever it takes"?

Even if it means trampling on the Constitution?

Sorry, ny, getting people who prey on kids off the streets > the Constitution ...

Guest nybullsfan

Just playing devil's advocate here, so don't get your panties in a wad, but you're saying that protecting a few hundred or a few thousand kids from seeing a weeny is more important than protecting 300,000,000 million people from a police state?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

Just playing devil's advocate here, so don't get your panties in a wad, but you're saying that protecting a few hundred or a few thousand kids from seeing a weeny is more important than protecting 300,000,000 million people from a police state?

No ... and I'll wad my panties anytime I **** well please, thank you very much.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

How is this any different than a cop hiding in the bushes and running radar?

Guest nybullsfan

No interaction between the cop in the bushes and the person who is ALREADY breaking the law

vs.

Someone who is not breaking a law being enticed to do so by an LEO so they can be arrested.

Big difference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

No interaction between the cop in the bushes and the person who is ALREADY breaking the law

vs.

Someone who is not breaking a law being enticed to do so by an LEO so they can be arrested.

Big difference.

the way these stings work is a Cop who is posins as a child sits in a chat room, then the suspects contact them. Not entrapment.

Archived