• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terrell McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I am a die-hard Carolina Panthers fan... I trust in Coach Ron Rivera's judgement, and he said he was/is really high on Terrell McClain.  However, I only caught a couple USF games this season (hard to see Skip on the sidelines and not wearing purple!  :'( ) ...

For those of you who have seen him every game... do you see his skills translating to the NFL?  What does he bring to the table?  The Panthers D was ok last season...but we seriously need help along the DL.  Thanks for the info!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The quick answer to your question is yes.  I believe after one year of learning the Panthers' system he will make a reasonably quick transition.  The following is a scouting report (from Sideline Scouting) that I believe to be very accurate:

Good athlete... Reasonably good quickness... Can be explosive... Very solid strength... Can get off blocks reasonably well... Can get some penetration... Holds the point reasonably well... Reasonably good balance... Does a solid job versus the run... Very solid anchor... Can be difficult to move... Solid lateral mobility... Pursues the ball... Will chase the action... Good motor... Student of the game, spends a lot of time in the film room... Nicknamed "The Dancing Bear" by coach Skip Holtz for his physical demeanor and explosiveness... Selected All-Big East first team for the 2010 season... Good fit in one gap system... Best fits at three-technique.

• Content Count:  1,027

He's quick, doesn't give up on plays. Seemed to always be in the vicinity of the ball.  Not big sack or TFL numbers, but generally disruptive.  I got the impression he's a bright guy who was well thought of by his coaches and teammates.  Getting a guy with his head screwed on straight is half the battle.  Think you'll be pleased with the pick.

He's quick, doesn't give up on plays. Seemed to always be in the vicinity of the ball.  Not big sack or TFL numbers, but generally disruptive.  I got the impression he's a bright guy who was well thought of by his coaches and teammates.  Getting a guy with his head screwed on straight is half the battle.  Think you'll be pleased with the pick.

Do you think he could play Nose in a 3-4?

• Content Count:  1,027

He was drafted to play 3 technique according to your coach.  If he was told to go out and return kicks he'd do it no questions asked though.

He was drafted to play 3 technique according to your coach.  If he was told to go out and return kicks he'd do it no questions asked though.

The insight is appreciated!  Sounds like we got a hard worker...which is invaluable!  Hopefully we'll put a good D around him and he'll shine for the Panthers!  We also drafted Sione Fua, the DT from Stanford... McClain and Fua should be a good duo...and no doubt they'll be asked to play right away.

• Content Count:  1,079

What I loved about him is his motor. The man would get after it. Also he plays very smart football, won't have to worry about many stupid mistakes from him

• Content Count:  5,241

Underrated Strength. Just look at Louisville game this past year in OT on 4th down and inches. He personally stopped the RB and the Line from gaining a inch!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i do not think hes big enough for 3-4 nose

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Not effectively. He's more of an athletic tackle as opposed to a space eater.

Archived