• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Martin Breunig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Washington has the advantage of trotting out their German legacy alums too in Detlef Schrempf and Christian Welp. We don't have that recruiting edge no matter who the coach is.

Normal

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

One thing I should've considered is Heath's ability to close. We certainly get in on the right guys but in the end we tend to miss out.

A little more accurate way to put that would be "One thing I should've considered is Heath's ability to close here ". The following is a list of players Stan was able to "close" elsewhere:

Olu Famutimi  - 5 *'s

Al Jefferson - 5 *'s

Ronnie Brewer - 4 *'s

Darian Townes - 4 *'s

Steven Hill - 4 *'s

Charles Thomas - 4 *'s

Cyrus McGowan - 4 *'s

Patrick Beverley - 4 *'s

Michael washington - 4 *'s

Sonny Weems - 4 *'s

And as far as Breunig goes, he's from Germany, currently living in Wisconsin ... I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the open air sauna that is Florida just wasn't his cup of tea.

He opted not to play in the best Basketball conference, wow that is interesting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

One thing I should've considered is Heath's ability to close. We certainly get in on the right guys but in the end we tend to miss out.

He opted not to play in the best Basketball conference, wow that is interesting.

I'd prefer to think he opted not to play on arguably the worst team in the best basketball conference.  It is all in how you word things.

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

I'd prefer to think he opted not to play on arguably the worst team in the best basketball conference.  It is all in how you word things.

If you are really good, then you want the challenge.  By the way, we were not dead last in the previous season one team did worse than we did.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

If you are really good, then you want the challenge.  By the way, we were not dead last in the previous season one team did worse than we did.

That's probably why Ricky threw "arguably" in there ... but if that really was a consideration, we wouldn't have even been in his last two. Thing is, for most of these guys nobody has the real insight on why they pick where to go unless they spell it themselves out pretty clearly ... and even then, there can be doubts.

Archived