• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt on 620 Tomorrow at 11:05

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

I was sad to see him go, but now we've moved on.

I was happy when he was given his exit visa.

Too bad the administration didn't handle it properly (according to contract terms) and had to pay him off. 

He want USF to win the BE this year, so he can claim credit for it.  Notice, he never uttered the words Skip or Holtz. :(

the improvement we've made AS A PROGRAM under holtz is obvious and undeniable...

Come on, hatter, don't be ridiculous ... "Obvious and undeniable"? I'm not saying Skip won't take this us where Leavitt never did but to say that the PROGRAM has shown obvious and undeniable improvement is absurd ... unless you're talking practice facilities.  ::)

we beat Rutgers and Miami  ;D

Lost to Syracuse and had our usual conference and overall records  :P  ... I certainly believe Skip can improve the program but there's nothing tangible yet.

yes, same record, but much different route to record.

Seemed to me we got much better as the year went on.  Disagree?

Leavitt teams seemed to do opposite.  I feel much more positive about upward trend as opposed to previous seasons.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Too bad the administration didn't handle it properly (according to contract terms) and had to pay him off. 

He want USF to win the BE this year, so he can claim credit for it.  Notice, he never uttered the words Skip or Holtz. :(

the improvement we've made AS A PROGRAM under holtz is obvious and undeniable...

Come on, hatter, don't be ridiculous ... "Obvious and undeniable"? I'm not saying Skip won't take this us where Leavitt never did but to say that the PROGRAM has shown obvious and undeniable improvement is absurd ... unless you're talking practice facilities.  ::)

Lost to Syracuse and had our usual conference and overall records  :P  ... I certainly believe Skip can improve the program but there's nothing tangible yet.

Leavitt teams seemed to do opposite.  I feel much more positive about upward trend as opposed to previous seasons.

Kind of of good points but we did lose 2 out of our last 3 conf games, although did have our first win over a BCS team in a bowl ... That bowl win was the only real difference from the Leavitt years. I feel confident that Skip can take us to the next level based on his track record but, after one year, there's really nothing tangible to show that the PROGRAM is that improved.

• Content Count:  521

I was sad glad to see him go, but and now we've moved on.

fixed that for ya

• Content Count:  521

Kind of of good points but we did lose 2 out of our last 3 conf games, although did have our first win over a BCS team in a bowl ... That bowl win was the only real difference from the Leavitt years. I feel confident that Skip can take us to the next level based on his track record but, after one year, there's really nothing tangible to show that the PROGRAM is that improved.

Hatter is right.  same record, MUCH DIFFERENT route to the record.

did we ever get blown out all season?  despite the loses, we were always "in the game" in every 4th quarter.  the only game were we got it handed to us was the UF game.  do you really want us to bring up the thumpings at the hands of MEDIOCRE Rutgers when we were coached by Leavitt?

who cares that we lost to Syracuse.. is that people's best excuse for discrediting Holtz?  Syracuse was GOOD last year.. they beat a lot of teams in the big east and won a bowl game.  just because they were terrible in the past doesn't mean they were terrible last year.

• Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Hatter is right.  same record, MUCH DIFFERENT route to the record.

did we ever get blown out all season?  despite the loses, we were always "in the game" in every 4th quarter.  the only game were we got it handed to us was the UF game.  do you really want us to bring up the thumpings at the hands of MEDIOCRE Rutgers when we were coached by Leavitt?

who cares that we lost to Syracuse.. is that people's best excuse for discrediting Holtz?  Syracuse was GOOD last year.. they beat a lot of teams in the big east and won a bowl game.  just because they were terrible in the past doesn't mean they were terrible last year.

Does your brain just not register things you want to avoid, like losing 2 out of the last 3 conf games? You can try and spin it any way you want but fact is we stumbled at the end of the season, kissing any hopes of a conf championship goodbye, just like we did with Leavitt. That may be the last time we piss it away but until it changes, any talk of obvious and undeniable improvement just doesn't makes any sense ...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Academics?

1. And we didn't get blown out of the water in multiple conference games...

2. Cuse was a bowl team. At the time of the loss it was awful... They weren't a bad team last year.

3. Bowl win against Clemson was nice

4. Facilities are coming together but that was planned for while..

5. Our reputation has improved dramatically under holtz (my opinion)

Combine this with Big academic strides I'd say we are making some great progress and we have shown improvement as a program under holtz

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

1. And we didn't get blown out of the water in multiple conference games...

2. Cuse was a bowl team. At the time of the loss it was awful... They weren't a bad team last year.

3. Bowl win against Clemson was nice

4. Facilities are coming together but that was planned for while..

5. Our reputation has improved dramatically under holtz (my opinion)

Combine this with Big academic strides I'd say we are making some great progress and we have shown improvement as a program under holtz

Have to agree with Hatter on our reputation as a program and team.... Holtz has brought structure to the program and a clear vision of where we want to go and how to get there. That wasn't there with CJL... everything seemed to be shoot from the hip and if it works it works....

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

holtz needs to compete for big east title next year at least

leavitt's legacy is establiished

holtz needs to compete for big east title next year at least

leavitt's legacy is establiished