• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs turn down HBO Hardknocks. Why??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Really dumb move IMO.  Bucs had no nationally televised games last year, heck they only had half of their games televised locally. 

havent been relevant since the Gruden and superbowl years. 

any publicity is good publicity.  a very Bull/Bucs like move. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Really dumb move IMO.  Bucs had no nationally televised games last year, heck they only had half of their games televised locally. 

What the **** are you talking about now. You gain relevancy by winning on consistent basis. There's no style points for publicity factored in like in college football so I'm not sure why you're giving such weight to publicity ... It would be a distraction this young team won't need when/if they go back .... Quit being such a hater.

What the **** are you talking about now. You gain relevancy by winning on consistent basis. There's no style points for publicity factored in like in college football so I'm not sure why you're giving such weight to publicity ... It would be a distraction this young team won't need when/if they go back .... Quit being such a hater.

trip im not being a hater.  Jets were on last year, fans began to love the team more.  Even gained a bunch of new fans with Rex Ryan.

Bucs can obviously use their fans to love them more and could use the help of gaining new ones. 

im not saying this would help them in any other way than to get them some exposure.  Maybe a young kid in tampa creates a huge liking for them and makes his dad get season tix when he sees behind the scenes stuff, personalities, etc. 

do you really see no advantage to the whole nation getting to see your team up close and personal.  Im jealous the jets arent getting it again.  loved every episode and minute of it. 

you can agree with me sometimes, then you will be right most of the time. 

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Bucs made a smart move to say 'no'.  these shows disrupt team unity and promote 'me-ism'

Bucs made a smart move to say 'no'.  these shows disrupt team unity and promote 'me-ism'

Majority of it is about the coach and players trying to make the roster.  Sometimes a few veterans and the QB. 

have you ever watched it before?

Bucs need all the exposure they can get, probably more than any other team in the league.  you do remember they were blacked out locaLLY last year right?  they need fans and this would have been a great way to get them.

i love the jets my whole life (unlike bandwagoners) watching them on hardknocks last year only reinforced that. 

bad, bad, bad choice. 

maybe raheim should get out of wings gone wild, hyde park bars and stop hitting on college girls if he wants more unity for his team.  i know this by seeing it with my own eyes.  true story, I met Raheim last year in my buddies apt complex for his gfs 20th bday pool party he came to.  She works at wings gone wild.  He introduced himself as carl or something.  like we were idiots.  we know what he was doing. great example. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

do you really see no advantage to the whole nation getting to see your team up close and personal.

Honestly, no ...

Im jealous the jets arent getting it again.  loved every episode and minute of it.

For lack of a better description, you are a bling whore and get off on meaningless, superficial crap like this ... Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's just not something we need down here right now.

you can agree with me sometimes, then you will be right most of the time.

The problem is picking the right times and this isn't one of them ... we are on the same page, though, about young Mr 83.  ;)

• Content Count:  4,016

If this is true the Bucs are FOOLS for turning this down.  Distractions my butt...this team needs to put butts in seats an right now they're struggling with that, as well as selling merchandise.  We're not making a super bowl run, so give the 'distractions' excuse a rest, well let's see what they do on free-agency if there is ever a free-agent market, before even hoping for a playoff run.  Remember last year we had the league's second easiest schedule and went 10-6 and didn't get in.  We lost to every team we faced with a winning record.

There is nothing wrong with Hard Knocks, and it would be an intelligent way for the Bucs to introduce Raheem Morris, and in particular Josh Freeman, who could be a career franchise QB, to the world.  One way to not do that is turn down hard knocks, play in front of half-full stadiums with no national television games, against a much tougher schedule, go say 7-9, miss the playoffs, and then have HBO ignore the Bay Area.  Way to go Bucs....not only that the entourage for HBO's Hard Knocks is massive, several dozen production, and film crews that come here for over a month--- hmmm tourism dollars, and nice publicity for the area, an area that is suffering a published unemployment rate of 12%, and some calculate an actual unemployment rate closer to 18%....

That is a sure fire way to obscurity, turning off local fans, and certainly will make guys like Josh re-think their future in Tampa when his eventual free-agency comes up.  These were the kind of decisions that kept the Bucs in the cellar for decades.

• Content Count:  4,016

BTW, Blingstein is right...

More Publicity (and Hard Knocks is publicity)= more interest= more possible ticket and merchandising sales.

There really isn't a negative aspect to this, and the formula above is a generally accepted principal.  For a team struggling for more interest and sales...they need to start with more publicity.  You can reasonably argue the publicity is unwanted, but if you can "HONESTLY" see no advantage to national publicity for a team struggling for ANY publicity----well then that's just being argumentative. ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

maybe raheim should get out of wings gone wild, hyde park bars and stop hitting on college girls if he wants more unity for his team.  i know this by seeing it with my own eyes.  true story, I met Raheim last year in my buddies apt complex for his gfs 20th bday pool party he came to.  She works at wings gone wild.  He introduced himself as carl or something.  like we were idiots.  we know what he was doing. great example. 

and the Rack and Hula Bay. I saw him wasted out of his mind trying to pick up girls the day before a game a couple years ago, and again at Hula Bay the Sunday after the draft.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Hopefully they go to Miami, and show what a bunch of clowns we have running that organization. Maybe them our clueless owner will get a clue.

Archived