• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats students and SBC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Bigbull, mag pie, etc. - Congrats!  The students did show up tonight and you guys are obviously getting organized.  The dome is exciting once again.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I noticed that WILD 98.7 was there promoting the game just outside gate entry 1. Good job at marketing towards the students. Things are looking up. Hopefully, the students will be at the HOUSTON game on Sat.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

thanks for posting this...as i was at the game tonight i was writing my post in my head.

i was going to say how you people on this board can never ***** again about how the students do not show up.  we were there tonight and ready to go.  it shows you that if we got this kind of turnout on a week night for basketball, if football was on campus it would be out of control.

students get a big thumbs up tonight.  its the rest of the bull nation that needs to get with it.  the rest of the crowd that was there tonight was DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt even get involved in student led chants that didn't include the infamous bullsh--  chant which as a student i dont even particularly care for.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Thanks for the compliments....We are trying as hard as we can to entice students on showing up.....I do believe the way the team plays will allow the students to come back....We will continue to work but are very happy and the turnout

i will tell you this...if students dont pick up the oracle they have no idea what is going on.  i see more flyers for jello nights in ybor on campus then i do athletics...and i love jello wrestling as much as the next male but come on....make an effort for individual games...dont depend on game schedules posted in ghost town parts of campus.  have someone passing out 3 x 5 cards at 11 am when there is atleast 10,000 students around cooper hall, business, mass comm and library.  all you need is 3 people and you can get the word out to atleast 5,000 people.  that sounds like a great idea if you ask me.  sure students that attend dont make any ticket money but we make up for it in beer purchase   ;)

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Thanks!

And Rezz, trust me, we passed out plenty of flyers this week.  Some of us SBC members "Stormed the Dorms", and we also passed to them out to students walkin' by.  They had the rest of the men and women's bball schedule on there, so they can't complain about not knowing when we have a game.

I'm very happy with the turnout.  I just hope that we can keep it up.

well i am on campus mon and wed from 9-3 and i didnt see 1 person passing out flyers anywhere near cooper, ferg, or mass comm buildings

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

If people pass out things and you don't see them, did they really do it????

Come one, give me a break.

Everyone was impressed with the student turnout. Donors, Fans, even coach said something to me about it.

It's a step in the right direction. We need more and more students to show up on a consistant basis now. I feel it's happening. BIg shout out to Kim for running the spirit booth! and to usfphil and bigbul for being crazy. I wish i can be out there with you guys!