• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RayShawn Jenkins, ATH, Admiral Farragut HS, St. Petersburg, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We are after some local burners now. Welcome too USF RayShawn.

TBHomeTeam Tampa Bay HomeTeam

Farragut's Rayshawn Jenkins wins boys 110 hurdles in personal-best 14.47.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Film of RayShawn playing mostly QB or Wildcat back

Free article on Scout

USF Gets Commitment from ATH Rayshawn Jenkins

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Mar 10, 2011

Admiral Farragut standout athlete Rayshawn Jenkins committed to USF after taking a trip to USF for the Bulls' Junior Day this past weekend. The 6’1, 190 pound prospect plays QB/RB/WR and DB, but is coming in as a free safety. Read on for all the details.

Rayshawn Jenkins, a 6-foot-1, 190 pound athlete from Admiral Farragut in St. Petersburg attended the Bulls' Junior Day over the weekend and liked it so much that he committed to Skip Holtz on Wednesday after attending a Bulls practice.

“Yes sir I committed to USF,†said Jenkins. “I chose them because they’re a rising program and I wanted to be a part of it. Plus I just love their coaching staff.â€

Jenkins plays a multitude of positions for Admiral Farragut including QB, RB, WR, and defensive back.

“Last year I played a quarterback and a little of everything else,†said Jenkins. “I threw for 824 yards on 48 of 72 passing with 10 touchdowns and 1 interception, I rushed 83 times for 647 yards and had 7 TDs with zero fumbles and caught 1 pass for a 23 yard score. On defense I had 3 interceptions, 15 tackles with 1 for a loss, and 8 passes defended. I also had 4 sacks and 1 forced fumbles.â€

Jenkins was voted the athlete of the year after winning a state title in the 110 hurdles and finishing second in the 300 hurdles in Class A.

“USF is recruiting me at free safety,†said Jenkins. “The defensive back Coach Rick Smith said he needs my athleticism and hard work and dedication. I intend to give it to him.â€

The talented athlete attended USF’s Junior Day over the weekend and loved every bit of what he saw.

“The visit was fantastic and everything there is wonderful,†said Jenkins. “The campus was great, the facilities were awesome and the players there are just great. The weight room is real nice and the practice fields are just incredible. I watched them practice and that just made me want to get out there as soon as I can.â€

Rayshawn made a return trip to USF for yesterday’s practice and committed to Coach Holtz afterwards.

“I told Coach Holtz I was committing, and he was real glad and welcomed me to the USF family,†said Jenkins. “I really like Coach Holtz. He seems like a great coach and a great person too.â€

Jenkins had heavy interests from Iowa State and Kansas as well as from Florida State and others, talked more about what he liked about USF and why he chose them.

“I like everything about USF, but what I like the most is the coaching staff, they made me feel real comfortable,†said Jenkins. “I just love the campus, the facilities are simply awesome. The players are friendly and are very tight. And it’s close to home so my friends and family can come see me play.â€

“The whole atmosphere between the coaches and players is just great,†said Jenkins. “They treat me like I’m already family and I just committed yesterday.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=359&f=2555&t=7315449

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Seems like a good one

• 2 months later...

Maybe Rayshawn still loves us a little.

USF Commit Jenkins Takes in Bulls Camp Premium Story

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Date: Jun 17, 2011

Admiral Farragut star athlete Rayshawn Jenkins, a USF commit that continues to get offers took in the Bulls 1-day camp on Thursday. The 6-foot-1, 188 pound athlete talks about the camp, his standing with USF, summer plans and more. As a bonus check out photos of Jenkins at the camp.

http://tinyurl.com/3nlkdht

• 4 weeks later...

Rayshawn talks about his commit. UM is hard after him. He likes the idea of staying close to home.

• 1 month later...

Wuh oh. Hopes he still wants to play in front of family and friends.

BigCountyPreps1 Big County Preps

Reyshawn Jenkins of Admiral Farragut says he is starting to get lots if attention from #UGA #Tennessee and #UF . #USF commit

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Rayshawn must have gotten injured in the last few days. Lots of messages on FB praying for him to get better.

Sample:

get well soon bro,hope u feel better…………ima dedicate our game to u tomorow..!!!

8 hours ago ·

Rayshawn Jenkins likes this..

Rayshawn Jenkins preciate it lil man

4 hours ago

Archived