• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG Anthony Collins

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

186139_1143224424_2683135_n.jpg

I suspect there is an unseen trampoline involved in that photo...

I don't think he's that much bigger than those buildings, either ...... Omo maybe.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Anthony+Collins.JPG

Anthony Collins

Texas Jamboree Recap

Powerade Texas Jamboree

The 8th Annual Texas Jamboree featured teams from Austin, Alabama, Dallas, Houston, New York, and San Antonio. Many came from far and wide to show how they ball in their respective cities. The event featured 17 games over the two day period, 20 total teams and several dozen future college basketball prospects. Anyone in attendance witnessed a treat in a variety of games, and to me is a perfect way to cap off any holiday weekend.

All Tournament Team

Anthony Collins -(6'0 pg 2011 Westbury Christian)- The best point guard in the event without a question. This guy is a winner made play after play on both ends of the floor and kept teammates involved.  Has tremendous floor vision.

http://d1nationhouston.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Pierre Jackson is by far and away the better option left out there that USF is attached to.

gregauman: Junior college guard Pierre Jackson from Southern Idaho still open but says he hasn't heard from USF coaches recently.

Today, March 24, 2011, 5 hours ago

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Pierre Jackson is by far and away the better option left out there that USF is attached to.

gregauman: Junior college guard Pierre Jackson from Southern Idaho still open but says he hasn't heard from USF coaches recently.

Today, March 24, 2011, 5 hours ago

That's a shame because according to the experts he might be the best unsigned JC or HS PG left on the market.

It seems like Collins is the easier target and Heath will settle for him since USF clearly has showed the most interest.

I won't knock Collins because in the right situation he could be a decent to good PG, but he is the wrong fit for USF's style of play. We have a small quick and fast guard that struggles to shoot from the outside but is very effective in transition and attacking defenses before they are set. Obviously going by what we saw last season Collins is going to have a major adjustment trying to play in Stan's offense.

I see a younger Anthony Crater with Collins. Crater learned how to shoot a little from the outside 4 years removed from HS. Collins need to be getting up a thousand shots per day right now and adjust that form on his jumper before playing a game at USF.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sounds like a done deal.

gregauman Greg Auman

USF has picked up commitment from Anthony Collins, point guard from Westbury Christian in Houston

Westbury Christian PG Collins Commits to USF 

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Mar 26, 2011 

The USF Basketball team landed its first commitment of 2011, when Westbury Christian PG Anthony Collins committed to Coach Stan Heath on Saturday.

The Bulls landed another hoops commit for the class of 2012 when Anthony Collins, a 6-foot, 172-pound point guard from Westbury Christian School in Houston ended his recruitment and committed to Head Coach Stan Heath Saturday.

"Yes sir I committed to USF,†said Collins. “I really like the coaching staff and the players, and the area is great.†Stay tuned with USFNation.com for more details.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1059254.html

PG Collins picks Bulls

Posted By Adam Adkins at Mar 26, 2011 at 05:56 PM

Updated Mar 26, 2011 at 06:08 PM

The University of South Florida men’s basketball team picked up a verbal commitment Saturday from Anthony Collins, a point guard out of Westbury Christian in Houston, Texas.

Collins, rated a 3-star recruit by Rivals.com, was recruited by several Division I programs, among them TCU, Texas Tech, USC, Hawaii, Nebraska and Minnesota. He’d recently narrowed his choices to USF and Baylor and ultimately chose the Bulls over the in-state Bears.

“I thought it was a good place for me. It’s a good coaching staff. It’s a place where I can expand my game and play my game, and it’s a good school where I can get an education also,†said Collins, who said he struggled a bit with the decision to choose a program roughly 15 hours from home over one roughly three hours away. “Yeah, I was really struggling with that. But then my family told me they would come out and see me, and then it wasn’t really a factor. After they said that, I stopped thinking about it.â€

Collins, 6-foot-2 and 175 pounds, was a four-year starter at Westbury Christian and enjoyed plenty of success during his prep career. In addition to finishing as the program’s all-time leader in assists, Collins earned first team all-state honors in each of his final three seasons and helped the Wildcats win TAPPS Class 4A state titles as a sophomore and junior and reach the state championship game as a senior.

The Bulls success certainly hasn’t been on that level, but Collins is hoping he can help change that.

“The main goal I want is to just win and to help turn around the program, and I think it’s possible with all the pieces we’re going to have,†Collins said.

Collins will be eligible to sign a National Letter of Intent with USF on April 13, but the Bulls don’t have an available scholarship at the moment. USF coach Stan Heath used both available scholarships during the early period in signing 6-foot-10, 285 pound junior college center Andre Jackson and 7-foot-3, 291-pound prep center Jordan Omogbehin, so Heath is anticipating at least one scholarship player from the Bulls 2010-11 roster won’t be returning to the program.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/pg-collins-picks-bulls/

Archived