• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Winter Workouts Began at New Morsani Practice Facility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Giddens is gettin big

KASWYUNMKDECTAL.20110207225306.JPG

Is that him?? I know it's his number but that almost looks like tackle ...

It must be him, but he looks bigger than 248 pounds.

VATFTAUOEKMVNYK.20100708005514.jpg

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3662327&Q_SEASON=2010

He looks like a beast. Look at how small he makes Mitchell look.  :o

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,079

Giddens is gettin big

KASWYUNMKDECTAL.20110207225306.JPG

Wow if that is Gunsby as pointed out above, then Giddens is deff bigger than the 248 listed weight. Gunsby is listed at 6'4" 235 and Giddens appears to be much thicker than him

Can't wait, this is gonna be Giddens year to rule the BE

• Content Count:  1,079

Bulls christen new practice facility

February, 8, 2011

Feb 8

10:30

AM ET

By Brian Bennett

South Florida may have scored some big-time wins the past few years, but the Bulls' practice facilities were anything but big time. The team practiced on a pair of old fields that were a good couple of hundred yards away from the football complex, which became an issue whenever a quick Florida storm brewed.

Times are changing. The Bulls opened their new Frank Morsani Football Practice Facility on Monday afternoon and conducted their first winter workout there. It includes two full-sized grass fields with the same turf found at Raymond James Stadium and one full-sized turf field. There is also a 40-yard area for extra drills and a 2,500-square foot building for storage and other training facilities.

The best feature of the fields may be that they are located right next to the locker room and football offices.

"We've seen this facility built from the ground up," coach Skip Holtz said in a statement. "We spent the fall walking by as the construction was being done and you could tell how much the players were looking forward to getting in there. Now that it's done, we've got one of the best practice facilities in the country."

South Florida and Cincinnati had the worst practice facilities in the Big East, but both have made improvements. The Bearcats are now using the Jefferson Avenue Sports Complex, which includes a bubble for their winter workouts. The complex was finished last fall but the team rarely used it during the season because of turf issues.

USF will put its new practice complex to the test soon. The Bulls will be the first team in the Big East to open spring practice, doing so on March 3.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/17680/bulls-christen-new-practice-facility

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Gunsby is pretty big too.  I hope he pans out as a QB. 

• Content Count:  558

One more project down...

Athletics Building

Track Renovations

Football Practice Facility

Baseball & Softball Complex

Soccer Stadium

Basketball Practice Facility

Sun Dome Renovations

Football Stadium

can't wait for the last one..

Due to Tampa being the lightning (Summer Storms) capital of the world, I would imagine we will see an indoor practice field prior to seeing an on-campus stadium. You can add that to your list right after the Sun Dome Renovations. Now the debate is where would it go. I would connect it to the athletics building using the field just to the North between building and old soccer stadium. Curious what FSU will get Fisher who has been crying for one for a while. With these recruiting classes, they probably told him to win ACC and he gets one.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Great pics but I agree about the sleds...looks like they took some picnic table kits and turned them into the sleds :)

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

One more project down...

Athletics Building

Track Renovations

Football Practice Facility

Baseball & Softball Complex

Soccer Stadium

Basketball Practice Facility

Sun Dome Renovations

Football Stadium

can't wait for the last one..

Curious what FSU will get Fisher who has been crying for one for a while. With these recruiting classes, they probably told him to win ACC and he gets one.

i think it will be done mid 2012

DSC00503.JPG

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Due to Tampa being the lightning (Summer Storms) capital of the world, I would imagine we will see an indoor practice field prior to seeing an on-campus stadium.

I'm pretty sure that Coach Holtz said he'd like to have one down the road.

Archived