• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It is time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

They loaded up on their non conference schedule.  Smoke and mirrors...Look, the one year they were an 8 and lost to BUCKNELL a 9 seed. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tournament

The next season they were a 12 and got SMOKED by USC (5 seed) by 17.

These are huge games, guys hyped up and they did nothing in the first round...

Looks like he's really hanging on to some creative scheduling and one run at Kent State where they lined up OK State, Alabama and then Pittsburgh before falling to Indiana.  Not sure how good those schools were that year as I'm not a bball fanatic, but the other years weren't exactly anything to write home about...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624

Heath got an extension coming off a "fluke" season. He had the leading scorer in Big East Conf and only made NIT (and it wasn't his recruit).

The problem is that the other dwellers of BE are now getting better while Heath lags behind them. Rutgers has #12 class for 2011, look at what St. Johns is doing, Providence has beat some good teams this season, and to top it off freaking DePaul (yes, that crappy team) beat out Heath for an in-state high caliber PG Shane Larkin out of Orlando. This kid would rather go to DePaul than an hour away, that's pathetic.

• Content Count:  579

What is wrong with Heath?  How could he not win 20 games a year with the dung heap he inherited?  We are a tradition-less program, playing in a dump that couldn't get filled to capacity if it was a hurricane shelter and you talk about recruiting?  Holy **** you guys are ruthless. 

If Heath is kicked out this fast who is going to risk their career to come here?  No big name that will satiate your NCAA thirst any time soon.

Just relinquish the idea that you'll see USF in the top 5 of the Big East in the next 4 years. 

What is wrong with Heath?  How could he not win 20 games a year with the dung heap he inherited?  We are a tradition-less program, playing in a dump that couldn't get filled to capacity if it was a hurricane shelter and you talk about recruiting?  Holy **** you guys are ruthless. 

If Heath is kicked out this fast who is going to risk their career to come here?  No big name that will satiate your NCAA thirst any time soon.

Just relinquish the idea that you'll see USF in the top 5 of the Big East in the next 4 years.   

Hey Idiot,

Who on here is asking for top 5 in BE?? No one is.

We are asking to be freaking relevant in college ball. Heath cannot recruit, you can offer kids immediate starting time in warmest state in USA and play top tier teams and players every week. There is a disconnect with him and recruits.

Don't bring up his days at ARK, SEC ball is very weak. Especially the SEC west in past. East has dominated that conference.

• Content Count:  579

Hey Idiot,

Who on here is asking for top 5 in BE?? No one is.

We are asking to be freaking relevant in college ball. Heath cannot recruit, you can offer kids immediate starting time in warmest state in USA and play top tier teams and players every week. There is a disconnect with him and recruits.

Don't bring up his days at ARK, SEC ball is very weak. Especially the SEC west in past. East has dominated that conference.

Is it lost on anyone that no one has been able to do it, yet, we want Heath to be our scapegoat?  Who, realistically, is going to recruit better and do better than what we have?  Anyone we get is a lateral move or a downgrade, IMO.

Good example of Heath's recruiting:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4719792

SG Philip Greene - 3 star non rated recruit

IMG Academy in BRADENTON, FL!!

Had offers from DePaul, OK St, Oregon, WVU and St. Johns.

Heath didn't even offer the kid. Signs with Big East foe and will make us pay next 4 years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

They loaded up on their non conference schedule.  Smoke and mirrors...Look, the one year they were an 8 and lost to BUCKNELL a 9 seed. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tournament

The next season they were a 12 and got SMOKED by USC (5 seed) by 17.

You don't get an At Large bid by smoke and mirrors with all the **** they look at before picking and seriously, you're complaining about an 8 seed losing to a 9 seed?? A 12th seed getting smoked by a 5th seed?? Looks like the committee did a pretty good job of seeding teams.

These are huge games, guys hyped up and they did nothing in the first round...

They did nothing bad out of the ordinary in those first two rounds .... Now if they were a 5 seed and got waxed by a 12th seed, your gripe would make more sense.

Looks like he's really hanging on to some creative scheduling and one run at Kent State where they lined up OK State, Alabama and then Pittsburgh before falling to Indiana.  Not sure how good those schools were that year as I'm not a bball fanatic, but the other years weren't exactly anything to write home about...

No, but those two years were leaps and bunds over anything this program has done in the past 20 years ...

• Content Count:  1,037

He has no talent to work with.... can't blame him.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey I guess it's time to admit USF made a mistake....fire Stan Heath......and go back to Seth Greenberg with hat in hand. He is only making a little under $1 million a year at Va Tech so I bet we can afford it.

:thumbnew

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Is it lost on anyone that no one has been able to do it, yet, we want Heath to be our scapegoat?  Who, realistically, is going to recruit better and do better than what we have?  Anyone we get is a lateral move or a downgrade, IMO.

Honestly, I'm not all that upset with being the BE doormat.

I am upset with being the state of FL doormat.

And, by state of FL I mean losing to the likes of UCiF and FAU.

Can someone enlighten me why we shouldn't at least continue throttling UCiF in our series? That 17-3, or so, series lead we had against them is dwindling quickly.

Archived