• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring practice begins....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I saw them running today outside of Athletics next to soccer/track field

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Is that our next milestone or should we be hearing about transfers b/w now and then?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Is that our next milestone or should we be hearing about transfers b/w now and then?

We should hear about potential transfers between now and then.  I have a hard time believing we'll see any rumors fly out before a transfer is 95% here.  I don't think Skip was fond about how the Hadley information got out.  The Scott, Aycock, and Boyd rumors weren't around for very long before the official announcements.

Though, there's not really a time table for transfers to come in because they wont play this year.  They don't really need to be enrolled until August.  SO we might not get news until then.

I'd guess we'll here some news before spring and then possible more before August.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,637
  • Days Won:  29

At the signing party Skip said he had a stack "this" high of transfer request.

• Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

To me, I think they knew that was the ace card.  That they would focus on the core needs (positions) and then use the transfers to augment on the critical needs (LB position).  Also, if they lost out on any big 4 or 5 star immediate play type players they would use the transfers to fix it. 

Thoughts...

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I agree Rizmann.  Those transfers are like FAs and many times USF has done a great job getting them waivers to play right away.  The best part about the transfers is USF holds all the cards.  That's a nice position to be in not only from getting to pick the best fits, but the mental position it allows you to put into the potential transfer before they are selected.  As a transfer, there's no competition for their services at this point, all the leverage is with the school.  With the talent in this area and our BCS status and being seen as legit these days, you'd have to think there are some kids in there that have at least the physical abilities you are looking for.  The question is "what" put them into the situation they are needing out of their current program and whether it fits the profile of what Holtz is looking for. 

It would be interesting to see who is in that stack, but it wouldn't be right of Holtz to put their names out there until they were told first they were going to be accepted.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

To me, I think they knew that was the ace card.  That they would focus on the core needs (positions) and then use the transfers to augment on the critical needs (LB position).   Also, if they lost out on any big 4 or 5 star immediate play type players they would use the transfers to fix it. 

Thoughts...

I dunno how much LB is a need when we have Caprice, Hamilton, Pozniak, Bullock, and Possibly Gayre who could all play LB in this class, plus Cliett Moving to LB.  I would think the greater needs are at WR, FB, TE, and even possibly CB. 

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

When is the Spring Game?

Archived